Joining a Church and advice from co-workers!!!!!!!!!!

by Jon Preston 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

So im obviously out mentally....i havent DA-ed but i cant care less! But.....my co workers are encouraging me to find and join a church. This person is particularly "wisdomonian" meaning she seems to solve and assist many an ailing indicidual in my field. She suggested the chirch o christ!!! Whatchyall thank? I am ALWAYS looking out for my kids and wife so im interested

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

HI Jon Preston, If your coworker is referring to the Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon), you would be leaving one dangerous cult for another.

I would suggest going to several different churchs such as Luthern, Presbyterian, and Episcopalian, or just purchase a study Bible like an NIV Bible with commentary on every page by bible scholars who are listed by name at the begining of the book.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

they did say church of christ(not oadder day saints) but i told her im working on my spirituality so yea....we will seee

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Try going to a Unitarian church and see if you like it. They are totally non-dogmatic and accept all people no matter what their religious views are...or lack thereof. You will hear many interesting talks on a wide variety of subjects. Nobody will pressure you to 'believe' in a certain way.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I don't mean to be picky Jon Preston but you have not reached the WT required quota of superfluous exclamation marks in your title.

Cheers

sparrowdown

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I'm pretty sure church of christ is a cult that uses many of the same tactics as the JWs

Love bombing, we are the ony true religion etc...

Why do you need to jump right back into another church anyway?

• Mum
    Mum

I believe the Church of Christ, like the JW's, considers itself the only "true" church. That mentality needs to go. Give yourself time to explore and learn before you commit to a particular denomination.

• barry
    barry

My family and I have become Anglican and we find great comfort in the sermons the works of the church as christian people and christianity of the parishiners we have been associated with.

The Anglicans believe the bible and read it through the eyes of the early church as it developed so it is a bit different to the way other christians and fundamentalists interpret the scriptures.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Why limit yourself to Christian faiths? Maybe look at what the Buddhists teach as well. You now have a unique opportunity to research, contemplate and choose what you believe - good luck out there but beware of charlatans and dogmatists.

• snowbird
    snowbird

What everybody said.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit