Profiling of an apostate

by joe134cd 28 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

True enough BluesBro but if they can get any evidence of things like celebrating birthdays or Christmas then you are toast regardless of how privately these things are done. If you have any conversations about creation, the flood, prophecy, 607 etc., no matter how vague and non confrontational, then you run the risk of being shopped and having to face the loyalty question.

I think it is possible to have conversations when you are still trusted but once you fade then any such conversations are far more likely to trigger the aposate response in a dub.

I would agree however that if you quietly fade and don't rock the boat then there is a reasonable chance you will be left alone. Until they think they have something on you that is....

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well, according to my wife, I am an apostate even though I have never been a Jehovah's Witness. I am okay with that label as I probably am an apostate of some kind. Jgnat, good point, the Watchtower certainly has labels for various people don't they.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

blondie - "To be an apostate, all you need to do is view things differently to the 'faithful and discreet slave' (now identified as the Governing Body). Period."

Yup.

In Watchtowistan, apostasy = thought crime.

By their definition of the term, I'd have been labeled as an apostate years before I'd ever considered fading...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The point that I am trying to make is, that the stereotypical type of apostate that the society would have us believe (e.g disfellowshiped.Is bitter and twisted for the position he/she has been put in, and is trying to get back at fellow members) is simply just not correct.

As the survey suggested an apostate (well at least 53% of the time) could be someone very much involved in the organisation, or is trying to lessen his involvement, and is more likely to say nothing when he dose leave.

I can give a good example of this. I used to have a return visit who was an inactive elder. He had been inactive for many years. I always got the impression he was a spiritual man even though not actively associating with the witnesses. Anyway I noticed shortly before his death he was reading the bible. Although I never found out why he went from Elder to inactive, I sort of wonder if he knew a bit more than he was letting on. Could he have been on of the 53%. God only knows.

• L3G
    L3G

Choice:

Xanthippe's " Sounds like ... a totalitarian prison camp."

blondie's statment quoted by Vidiot, and Vidiot's " apostasy = thought crime."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Xanthippe - "Sounds like something from a totalitarian prison camp."

Apt, considering that's where actual watchtowers are most commonly found.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Is the 1980s letter still valid since it's not quite the same sense that you get from the current Shepherd book?

Of course we are all aware of the loyalty question but is that actually a tactic that still has specific instruction and sanction from the society?

Are there current BOE letters or KM School instructions that would instruct newer elders to discount active spreading of alternative views and DF someone as an apostate for simply holding views contary to the F&DS?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Konceptual99: Totally happening. Saw it myself. Just like Nazi's or Pharisees...

"Be loyal or be dead"

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Cha, I've used the same labels...previously Pharisees always came to mind, now it's more like Nazi's. No love anywhere but for their own power. Wish more could see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit