A friend gets his last check from a JW company.....

by problemaddict 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

So basically he is a subcontractor for a company that owes him money, and has been paying him very poorly for his service. (industry wide problem). So he e mails them a venting e mail, saying he will no longer take work, giving them a date he expects the pay to be cut or he leins properties etc...

He gets a response, they go back and forth, and the last response they send the check and at the bottom post a scripture (he didn't remember which one) with the phrase "and we will continue to serve our God Jehovah".

Its a company in maryland apparently. I thought it very interesting that he was commenting (FB) on how unprofessional it is to mention God ina buiness e mail, and that if they knock on his door they will get his boot.

Seriously, how weird is it that they would end an e mail like that?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A person can quote all the scriptures they want, but failing to pay for services provided is still UN-Christian.

Doc

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Whenever I see the words "Christian Business" or see a fish on the business sign, I run in the opposite direction.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" But failing to pay for services provided is still Un Christian " ____DOC

" Bread is for the laughter of the workers, and wine itself makes life rejoice; but money is what meets a response in all things " ECCLESIASTES 10:19

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Whenever I see the words "Christian Business" or see a fish on the business sign, I run in the opposite direction.

Ditto.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You can count me in on that one too.

"Freinds" of mine way back when I was in the" Truth"who had dealings in business with bros., and complained they got screwed over a deal ,was told by a former missionary who was then in his own business , that religion & the truth were separate from business dealings .

This same brother was screwed over again by an elder who had a painting business . This was more than 20 years years ago

This same bro. is still in the "truth" and shunned me when I contacted him some months ago .

unbeleivable.

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

If I ever see a fish on a business sign, I neither walk nor run in the opposite direction; I swim.

• Splash
    Splash

What if you're looking to buy some fish and chips?

Splash

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

In my own experience, my success rate in dealing with witnesses has largely been the same with that of non-witnesses. - I've had people fraudulently take money from me and some others gave me better deals then I would ever had expected.

The core difference however is what you can do about it when you get a raw deal: In the world, you have courts and in the congregation, you get elders.

My personal experience so far has shown me that people are much more afraid of the worldly courts then the brothers. One main reason is that I have seen the following quote be overly used:

(1 Corinthians 6:7, 8) 7 […] Why not rather let yourselves be wronged? Why do you not rather let yourselves be defrauded?

It’s like a free ticket to saying: Yes, you’re a victim! But we don’t have the balls to call out the bad witnesses so we ask you to keep being a victim, but for the glory of Jehovah’s Organization!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I hear so many stories about bad JW businesses and employees. I would never hire 99% of JWs. I don't want to work for one either.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit