Who Mediates?

by Englishman 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

As most JW’s no longer have Jesus as their Mediator, how do they conclude their prayers?

“……and so, dear father, we approach you now in the name of the 144,000. Amen?”

I only recently became aware of this change where Jesus is Mediator to just a select few. It must have been quite a blow to a lot of people.

Englishman.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Good morning, Englishman,

Most jws don't realize it. I was in when the change happened, and I never noticed. I came across the change when I started researching, and it's one of the issues that made me realize that the organization was a hoax. I confronted several jws about it, and they got that now familiar glazed over look.

cb

• D8TA
    D8TA

50 years later, in the future, after several "new light" applications have passed:

Little Tommy JW: Jesus who?

D8TA

• Mazza
    Mazza

EH???? I haven't been brought up to date on this one. Elaborate please.

A hundred years ago when I was a good little dubbie, I had a little tantrum and told an elder friend of mine that I thought the 144 grabbed all the good stuff for themselves. I was rewarded with a stern talking to. I reckon that was about 1974. It seems the grab for cash (substitutes) has continued.

Marilyn
    ps

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Yeah, and in who's name did Jesus end his prayers since he was perfect?

Guest 77

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mazza,

I understand that the WTBTS announced a while back that Jesus only mediates for the 144,000, not for the O/S.

Maybe someone else can enlarge on this.

Englishman.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Yeah please someone do.. The prayers still end through Jesus Christ. What exactly is this new light suppose to be pin pointing?

http://www.geocities.com/plum_crazy22002/LinksReligion.html?1021363884840

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah just found this at: http://home.earthlink.net/~defender/de01012.htm

The book Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace on page 10 says:

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members."

Stunning eh?

Englishman.

• blondie
    blondie

Law covenant = Moses (mediator) = Israelites
    New covenant = Greater Moses--Jesus (mediator) = spiritual Israelites (spirit-anointed Christians)

Supposedly, the other sheep represent the Gentiles, the nations that would bless themselves indirectly by means of Abraham's seed.

Jesus is not the Legal Mediator for those on earth. Here is something to obfuscate everyone.

*** w89 8/15 30 Questions From Readers ***
    • Is Jesus the Mediator only for spirit-anointed Christians or for all mankind, since 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 speaks of him as the “mediator” who “gave himself a corresponding ransom for all”?

…To grasp what Paul is saying, we must first appreciate that the Bible sets out two destinies for faithful humans: (1) perfect life on a restored earthly paradise and (2) life in heaven for Christ’s “little flock,” numbering 144,000. (Luke 12:32; Revelation 5:10; 14:1-3) Christendom teaches that all good people go to heaven, which unscriptural position has colored the general view, so that Jesus is considered a go-between for all such people…

A modern-day illustration may help to clarify this, especially if you are not a spirit-anointed Christian. Think of a legal case in which an attorney is involved. His role may be not so much that of a lawyer arguing for justice as that of one who is mediating or bringing about a legal contract acceptable to and beneficial to two parties. Of course, you are not in that legal case, so in that sense he is not serving as your attorney. Yet he may be your very close friend who in other ways gives you valuable help…

Sometimes an attorney’s work produces results that benefit many others. So it is with Jesus’ legal accomplishments as Mediator of the new covenant. It produces what the Law covenant did not, a heavenly “kingdom of priests.” (Exodus 19:6; 1 Peter 2:9) Thereafter anointed Christians in the Kingdom will work with Jesus from heaven to bring a blessing to “all nations of the earth.”—Genesis 22:18.

The people of all nations who have the hope of everlasting life on earth benefit even now from Jesus’ services. Though he is not their legal Mediator, for they are not in the new covenant, he is their means of approaching Jehovah. Christ said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) All who will gain life on earth must direct their prayers to Jehovah through Jesus. (John 14:13, 23, 24) Jesus also serves as a compassionate High Priest who is able to apply in their behalf the benefits of his sacrifice, allowing them to gain forgiveness and eventual salvation.—Acts 4:12; Hebrews 4:15…

• Will Power
    Will Power

Good mornining all

I was just speaking to Hector on another thread & he seems to be quite an expert in this field. Turns out the 144,000 have a big umbrella and the millions in the great crowd are under it but are not in a new covenant (or old one either, actually no covenant hmmm) or do not really have Jesus as their mediator. He is indirectly there but the great crowd must go through the 144,000 to get to Jesus to get to Jesus' Father. (Except the bible says that no one comes to the Father unless they go through Jesus. I can't find the umbrella stuff!!)

That still left me with questions tho.
    The only ones left on earth (that were alive in the year 1914 (October I think) claiming to be "annointed" belong to the 144,000 of the organization of jehovah's witness. (They have so many companies now I don't know which is the holy one and which is the printing one, or the legal one)

So to get under the umbrella, (be saved by way of 144,000)
    all you need to do is dedicate yourself to this umbrella idea. You'll need 6 mos. of literature along with the tried & proven books, then study study study cause I think there are what 200 questions? They were posted here recently.
    Then of course you must keep it "up" so that you are protected. That means loyalty. Loyal no matter what. Even truth has no chance of survival. You must uphold the Truth[tm] instead!. The org must be protected at all costs (even death & imprisonment) to keep this umbrella up.
    Without it "up" there is NO HOPE FOR YOU OR FOR ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD to keep that beautiful fleshy body alive on earth forever. Just hope those "worldlies" keep up their endangered species programs so that there will be tigers to pet. Or are they resurrected too?
    (I've got to start taking in more knowledge)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit