"Creator" Book. Is there a reader wh...

by Thirdson 20 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

aw, Xandit,

To be honest about 80% of the people's eyes were glazing over at that point any way.

That's about a true percentage no matter what meeting it is - including mine!

waiting

• Gozz
    Gozz

Thirdson,
    since that book was released, I've not had the courage to read the whole of it. The book studies I've not been attending regularly. I read a few pages of the book and noticed the quotes and started shivering. It's clad in the garb of a scientific work, or if you likr, the state of the art in the argument for the existence of God. But there's a shallowness about the book. The absence of references was indeed a put-off. We're to accept what's quoted as gospel truth. And knowing a bit of the accidental misqotations over the years... Actually, I see many of the borhters asking many questions about the arguments in this book.

• SiliconX
    SiliconX

I hope u enjoyed my flames Terdsun.
    -------------------
    www.cultdeadcow.com

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

SiliconX

If you are admitting to be the person who overwhelmed my In-box by repeatedly sending an obscene e-mail then you are a very sick person. I have complained to hotmail and legal action will be taken.

Thirdson

• TR
    TR

SiliconX

Man, the uneducated nature of you flamers! Can't even spell "turd"!

TR

• imsosorry
    imsosorry

oooooookkkkkkkkk - im sorrrrrrry thirdson. i didn't mean to. it was a stupid thing to do. k? i'll never ever bother u or any1 else agian i promise!!!

• imsosorry
    imsosorry

pleeeeasssssssee don't sue me -im just a kid!!!!!!!!

• imsosorry
    imsosorry

illl never ever ever do it agian - pleassseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

• philo
    philo

Hey Thirdson

Nice work here. Do you think it would be good to have a bibliography for 'creator'. At least making a comprehensive list of authors quoted with titles (if given) alongside would be a big start. With that one could build up a picture of the quality of the material.

If you think it would be worth the effort (and you have the time) I would help out.

philo (Guy Fawkes class)

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hi Philo,

It is not an easy task you are asking. The "boys in writing" might be able to do it but they cut 'n paste so much of their own stuff that I bet they have lost the original source. They think Francis Hitching is a scientist and make any favorable writer to the WTS an "expert" in their field, so I guess they aren't to be trusted anyway.

I can guess where some of the quotes come from as they are copies from the "Creation" book. Francis Crick's quote is likely from his book on the origin of life, "Life Itself". David Premack's quote is likely from his (1984?) book "The Mind of an Ape" now out of print. As for Sir John Eccles, quoted on page 61, I guess he's the Australian neurophysiologist born in 1903. Most of his books are out print and he wrote quite a few.

With regard to the magazines and encylopedia there are no dates of issue or edition which could mean a monumental task trying to find the quotes.

I may be able to identify many of the people quoted and list their particular fields. I guess you wouldn't be surprised to know that William H. Calvin quoted in support of JW creationism doctrine wrote a book called "Lingua ex Machina: Reconciling Darwin and Chomsky With the Human Brain". Makes you want to read their works just to understand the context.

Some time ago I asked AF if he had done any research on the sources for the "Creator" book. He hadn't then, I could ask again if he knows of any more work done regarding your request. We might be able to pool our research.

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit