Go Leafs Go!!!

by Beans 18 Replies latest social physical

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Rejoice! The Great God Jehovah has informed me that the Leafs will win the Carolina series in seven games, but predicts doom for the Canadian dollar in seven weeks.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Hi,

Im American, what the hell are you guys talking about

• Gopher
    Gopher

I said, watch out for Hartford Whalers, er , I mean the Carolina Hurricanes! Ron Francis rocks, from this neutral observer's point of view. His goal and assist on Tuesday showed he's about as big-time as anyone playing the game. Carolina leads the series 2 games to 1, but I fully expect Toronto to win tonight. (Just a gut feeling)

Musto -- what do you want explained to you, the game of hockey (there are more United States pro teams than Canadian ones), or the funny-looking Canadian money?

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

For some time I thought a Hat trick was someone who was able
    to balance a top hat on their male persons. However I found out I was
    wrong. Please explain.

• Gopher
    Gopher

In ice hockey, a hat trick is achieved when an individual scores three goals in one game. Originally, to count as a hat trick, one had to score three goals in succession (without scores from any other player on either side). But that changed into the current "three goals any time" tradition.

After the 3rd goal of such a hat trick is scored, many fans will honor such an accomplishment (if accomplished by a home-team player) by throwing their hats onto the ice. This causes a delay in the game, it's kind of a fan-initiated "timeout" to honor the prolific goal scorer.

What happens to the hats after they're collected? Who knows.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

At one time, I believe, Eric Lindross was the Chosen One.

What happened.

• bakedcanuck
    bakedcanuck

one too many bumps on the noggin'...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

• Will Power
    Will Power

They'll win one for the gipper?

Pat Quinn (head coach) resting comfortably after irregular heart beat will miss 1-2 games.

Get well soon
    I wanted Edmonton...

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

The hats are given to charity in most cities.

The tradition of the hat trick actually dates back to paleolithic England, to the game of Cricket. I guess some guy "knocked down" three wickets (not the pesky ewok) in a row. This was considered such an astounding feat that he was given a hat by his team (or something like that).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit