Will JW increase continue?

by dmouse 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

...and what does it mean if it does?

The latest Watchtower (July 1st) it says this: (bold mine)

(page 13 para 17) Now is the time for Jehovah to express mercy to his anointed servants and their other sheep companions. The evidence that this is so is the extraordinary increase with which he has blessed them…

18. Each year, hundreds of thousands of additional “foreigners” associate with Jehovah’s organisation, and the way will remain open for many more to follow them. Jehovah says to Zion: “Your gates will actually be kept open constantly; they will not be closed even by day or by night, in order to bring to you the resources of the nations, and their kings will be taking the lead” (Isaiah 60:11) Some opposers try to close those ‘gates,’ but we know that they cannot succeed. Jehovah himself has said that one way or another, the gates will stay open. The increase will continue.
    19. There are still other ways that Jehovah has blessed his people, making them beautiful in these last days.

Seems pretty convincing to me that they believe that the increase in JWs is a sign of divine favour, it is evidence of Jehovah’s personal intervention. It says so right here.

Yet, the daily text for May 19th, 2002, says this (in part):

Of course, the number of those associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses is not a criterion for determining if they enjoy divine favor.

So which is it then!!!!!!!

Also, note the taunt that the WBTS sends us (opposers)– ‘the increase will continue’
    Is that a challenge? If so let us redouble our efforts to get the truth about the truth out there!

The ‘increase will continue’ my arse. Only where it hurts, an increase in people LEAVING the WBTS.

• blondie
    blondie

In the US among English-speaking groups, most people who are baptized 95% are children of witnesses. In one congregation it was reported that only 1 person had been baptized in the last 5 years that were not a child of a witness. That one person has DA'd. The children are DF'd.

There are few young brothers coming up the ranks that either stay or qualify to be MS. There are more MS than elders nowadays. Brooklyn is begging for bodies, no longer is pioneering a prerequisite.

If it were not for the hispanic congregations, there would be decrease in the US.

Don't worry they have their rear end covered with Matthew 24:12:

and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.
  • anewperson
    anewperson

It has so far continued in Africa and Brasil which know little of the scandals as not on the internet as much. We do need to educate them more.

• blondie
    blondie

You will find that increase is associated with people who have severe financial problems, unstable governments, many natural disasters. In his book, Ray Franz points out how concerned the Society was after WWII when a period of relative peace came. It was then that DF'ing was reinforced and used as a tool to keep people from jumping ship or drifting off.

How did the Israelites act during the period of the Judges? They did their own thing until things got tough economically or the surrounding nations were soon going to take them over. Then they got religion which lasted maybe 40 years or so until that generation died off and it started over again.

I'm sure the WTS would like a worldwide disaster to bring the reluctant and disappearing back into the fold.

• avengers
    avengers

"Some opposers try to close those ‘gates,’ but we know that they cannot succeed. Jehovah himself has said that one way or another, the gates will stay open. The increase will continue."

This is a direct attack from the center seat right in the middle of the Watchtower Walls!! It seems as if they have created a big castle with walls, and at this moment the gates are open and 'opposers' are trying to close it. In other words unless you stay within the walls you will die. This is ruling with fear. They are using the name of the supposedly God to keep people within walls which they create.

It also denotes they are scared as they themself said:" one way or another, ".......one way or another. mmmmmmmmm.???

I wonder what will happen when those gates close.

• City Fan
    City Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm sure the WTS would like a worldwide disaster to bring the reluctant and disappearing back into the fold.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Blondie - this is so true !

We had a number of inactive ones who started to go to meetings again during the Gulf War. I'm sure the same was the case after the Sept 11 terrorist attack.

A relative recently talked to me about the increase in numbers, "especially in developing countries". I replied that it was "only in developing countries!"

I do think we'll see a continuing fall in numbers from now on in Westernised countries.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

You have to understand their logic:

If the JW's are increasing, then God is blessing their work.

If the JW's are decreasing, then God is testing and sifting his people.

If the churches are increasing, then Satan is busy deceiving people, and

If the churches are decreasing, the 'waters of the Euphrates' are drying up.

So, no matter what happens, it proves that the JW's have the truth and that the churches are false!!

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would LOVE to get a copy of this and put it away for a few years. When their numbers start to decrease, I'll pull it out and show it to them.

"Jehovah himself has said that one way or another, the gates will stay open. The increase will continue."

They can't get around the old "Well, we didn't actually say 'Jehovah says'" prophecy cop out.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It also denotes they are scared as they themself said:" one way or another, ".......one way or another. mmmmmmmmm.???

Yes, it's an interesting expression. I wonder what it can mean? Or does it mean anything? What would it mean for the average dub, I wonder? Would they even stop to think about it? I doubt it. It sounds good rhetoric and that's probably all it is, just rhetoric.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi dMouse:

Quote:

"The increase will continue."

There they go making predictions again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit