Anybody watching the show Resurrection?

by mynameislame 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Resurrection

The lives of the people of Arcadia, Missouri, are forever changed when their deceased loved ones return.

So far it seems to be an interesting take on the subject. Anyone else watch it? If so what was your take?

• blondie
    blondie

I watched the first episode....it seems to raise the question that their coming back causes as much trouble as when they were dead for some.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The second episode last night brought intrigue into the equation. Jacob's dream makes you wonder if there isn't some sort of supernatural intervention in matters. And what's with the bald guy saying, "She found us"? Does that mean that Jacob's aunt is back too and no one knows? That's my guess but who knows? I am thinking that a hammer to the head is probably not a good thing. And what was in Jacob's coffin? Nothing? Hmmm. The other guy had the suit jacket on he was buried in because he had the note she placed in his pocket. Did you notice that? She looked for it on the chair but he'd taken it out and put it in the bible. Is his crazy son right? Is he a demon? I actually have a relative inactive for over 15 years who wanted to know if it was demonic because she wouldn't watch it if it was. When will these people let go of the tribal superstitions? I like the show so far.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I haven't seen it but I do remember that a couple in the congregation talking about it while out in the field service car ride. The husband is an elder. Anyway, a young brother brings it up, saying how the show portrays the resurrected returning as a kid. the Elder and his wife start talking about how that idea goes against the Bible that the ressurected can't be children and such, that it looks demonic. So I butt in and say that I'm sure that the producers weren't basing it all off the bible, it's just a work of fiction, creativity. Then they did agree, but the Elders wife dissmissed it as a "worldy show" she wasn't going to watch.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I saw the complete first season of the French edition "The Returned" on Netflix. I'm watching Resurrection from ABC, hope aren't based on the same novel.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Nope different. The french series is based on a french movie. This series is based on a completely different book/source. So fear not, it will stand on its own merits. Go "worldly demo show!". lol

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Demo show!! LOL!! Resurrection and the new Cosmos show about the Universe, all in 2014?!?!? Satan is putting in some overtime!!

DD

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I'm getting ready to watch episode 2 on my DVR tonight....

the ressurected can't be children and such

What? So children that die will be resurected as adults or not at all? Bet you'll never hear them mention that in the door to door work.

That was something that creeped me out thinking about the new system. It would be weird if there were no children.

The show made me think how much more reasonable it would be if God were to resurrect people and reverse the aging process for the ones that were going to live forever. But the ones that aren't going to survive will just grow old and die naturally. Hey if we are fantasizing might as well make it a happy fantacy. If that were the case the dubs wouldn't have any use for their disturbing armageddon pictures.

• metatron
    metatron

I hope it doesn't end up like "Lost" with no clear explanations for anything - or some dumb plot twist like 'it was all a dream'.

metatron

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I like it so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit