I had another Weird Dream

by U.2.K. 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I did some research using my WT CD and discovered that the WTS teaches that the passage at Act 2:17 refers to Pentecost in the year 33 C.E.

it-1 651
    Joel foretold that the outpouring of God's spirit would be followed by such manifestations as prophesying and the dreaming of inspired dreams. (Joe 2:28) It was on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 C.E. that some 120 disciples of Jesus Christ received the holy spirit and began speaking in various tongues "about the magnificent things of God." (Ac 2:1-18) Later, other believers, including the former persecutor Saul (Paul), received the holy spirit and were empowered with miraculous gifts. (Ac 8:17-19; 9:17; 10:44-46) While in Troas, Paul had a night vision or dream that provided guidance as to where he and his associates were to preach "the good news." (Ac 16:9, 10) Other disciples doubtless also had dreams under the influence of God's spirit, fulfilling the words of Joel's prophecy.

Soooooooo then according to the WTS "the last days" occurred in 33 C.E.[8>]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Bang
    Bang

Oh U2,
    I forgot to add, you didn't say but when you woke with the bomb in the car, was there was no one actually at the wheel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit