2014 Convention Program is up on jw.org

by factfinder 7 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

A new book for children on Friday?

A brochure about God's Organization on Saturday?

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Good god, when did they get all obsessed with symposia? Symposiums?

• wandasoo
    wandasoo

The family ties talk caught my eye. Wonder what this is all about. Maybe it's time for them to break all ties with family memhers that are not in the truth. It will be interesting to find out.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

frogonmytoe - In ancient Greece , the symposium (Greek συμπόσιον symposion , from συμπίνειν sympinein , "to drink together") was a drinking party. [1] Literary works that describe or take place at a symposium include two Socratic dialogues , Plato 's Symposium and Xenophon 's Symposium , as well as a number of Greek poems such as the elegies of Theognis of Megara . Symposia are depicted in Greek and Etruscan art that shows similar scenes. [

In revelation it speaks about babylon the great making the nations drunk, and since the WT has joined Babylon, it's a sick inside joke that they are making the R&F drunk with their teachings.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Saturday afternoon's closing talk almost sounds like it could include the release of a new version of the Proclaimers book. Not entirely out of the question; the book is now 21 years old. It would be surprising to see them release another expensive-to-produce book this soon after the new Bible, though.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I thought about a new revised Proclaimers book too for Saturday, but I agree, it seems unliikely given the constant cutbacks in the printing budgets and the new nwt is more costly to produce than the regular edition was.

So probably just a brochure with highlights of their 100 year history to give to bible students, but, maybe a video?

I'd like to see a completly revised, updated and expanded Proclaimers book.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Friday 4:00 - "Sacred Secrets if the Kingdom" Progressively Revealed

More changes?

• factfinder
    factfinder

I would not be surprised if some change is announced at this convention. They have to try to do something to keep the bored, weary and apathetic witnesses excited enough to be active in fs and go to meetings.

They need to keep things fresh, of course that does not mean they will.

But as always, any new light is always true and the new light it replaces is always true still, new lite and old lite, truths old and new- are always true-even if they contradict each other.

Not doubt it will end up being just another boring convention instructing jws to shun any who dare to stop attending meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit