When do Auxilliary CO's go out in field service?

by Quarterback 28 Replies latest jw friends

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

The WT Claims that God's first "organization" on earth was Noah and his Family.

The WT Claims that Noah and his family were preaching, and warning everyone that the flood was coming.

The WT compares the Preaching that Noah and his family did, to the preaching work that JW's earth wide now do. (Life Saving Work)

The Bible says that Noah was a Preacher of Righteosness 2 Peter 2:5

Jesus said “Take care not to practice your righteousness in front of men to be noticed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens." - Matthew 6:1

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So, Object truth, what point are you making?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Counting time is Unscriptural.

• blondie
    blondie

I saw jws use this to justify working alone...I found myself in that position when the numbers were odd. I liked being by myself and some jws liked leaving me that way...or others. But I saw my share of real invisible pioneers. I knew an elder that never worked with someone outside his family, never. They went on eternal rvs, had cookies and coffee with them, and refused to follow the directive to drop them if they did not come to the meetings after awhile.

But then I knew of service groups on Saturday they did not get out the door until 9:45, to the territory first door until 10:15, quit d2d at 11:00 and go for breakfast at 11 and then home by 11:45 making the perennial not-at-home rv near their home and round off their time to hours. I was told by the elders I had to work with this group and manage to honestly reach my pioneer hours.

*** km 6/80 p. 2 par. 8 Benefits of Group Witnessing ***

We want to reach as many people as possible with the good news while there is still time available. So, where conditions permit, some publishers may wish to work alone .

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Magnum, I get your point. You have invested a whole lot more time and effort than I have.

I never "qualified" for anything except microphone and parking lot duty which is humiliating because that

let everyone know that I was not "spiritual" enough. I thank members of this forum for helping me get over

my own wasted time while in the org. You will find, hopefully the encouragement you need from by visiting this forum. Best wishes my friend!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I agree that counting time is not sciptural. I know that Jesus said that our righteousness is not to be intended to be noticed by men, etc.

I'm also sure that Jesus didn't mean that we should be invisible. Jesus and his apostles didn't act as phantoms. Their activities and work were evident.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I, too, think that counting time is not scriptural. That's not the issue, here, though. We're not talking about counting time versus not counting time; all those we're talking about are counting time. The issue is being visible vs being invisible and the reason such ones are either visible or invisible. The invisible ones I know about were not being invisible for the right reason; their being invisible was not because they were off working hard and wanted to make sure that they weren't practicing their righteousness in front of men. No, it was the opposite; they were looking for the easy way out, and they DID WANT TO PRACTICE THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS IN FRONT OF MEN in that they wanted the titles of regular pioneer, elder, etc.

So, please understand my point. Jesus' words indicate that righteous people do work hard; they practice righteousness. They do good. However, they don't do it in such a way as to try to get credit. These people that the opening post referred to are doing the exact reverse of that. They're looking for the easy way out; they don't want the burden of having to work with groups, taking the lead, driving, putting up with all kinds of personalities, etc. However, they want the glory; they show up when the CO comes around, and they want all the accolades that go along with being regular pioneers, elders, etc.

So they're guilty of practicing their righteousness in front of men even though they're absent most of the time, whereas some genuine hard-working publisher who is visible most of the time for the right reasons and really cares and has his heart in it is not guilty of practicing his righteousness in front of men. It's more about attitude & motive.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well said, Magnum

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, I know your frustration, Blondie.

• Comatose
    Comatose

saw a couple JW guys at a table today on a college campus. Just sitting and chatting while people ignored them. Nice two or three hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit