Jehovah's Witnesses Baptism Fraud

by Watchtower-Free 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I found this on YouTube .........................Emotional video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtXASmYXTYQ

"In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only SIX years of age, I was determined to fulfill my dedication to Jehovah."
    WATCHTOWER 1992 3/1 p.27

"BAPTIZED AT SEVEN. Paola, who lives in western Mexico, is being raised by her grandparents."
    Jehovahs Witnesses Year Book 2011 p.58

• carla
    carla

Story told over and over here but not nearly enough to the outside world. Most don't believe the extreme shunning really goes on when I tell them or they think it may be just overzealous individual jw's not actual 'church' doctrine.

My heart goes out this young woman and all the shunned.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The Watchtower pulled a bait and switch by changing the baptism in 1985 so that members are baptized into an organization. People baptized before then could rightfully claim they were defrauded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmv85wJGBc

• designs
    designs

I was baptized in 1966, I guess I'm home Freeeee.

• steve2
    steve2

Remember, often the first step to breaking free is baptism. Some have come up out of the water with their eyes opened...and left.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am so sorry your grandmothers are so deluded that they can ignore their natural feelings of affection for their beloved granddaughter. You are a sweet girl, I know this or else you wouldn't give a damn what those two old ladies say and think about you.

I was raised from infancy as a JW. My mom didn't approve of young people getting baptised too young, so I was 17 when I got dunked.

I only had one question before I got baptised. It was "how could a religion that is only 100 years old (it was 1971 at the time), be the only true religion. I asked the pioneer sister who I trusted the most, how did JW's get started. She said they started as a small group of Bible students who got together and studied the Bible and discovered that none of the churches were really teaching the Bible. She said nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I trusted and respected her and got baptised. Three years ago, in 2010, a full 39 years later, I found out I was outright decieved and lied to. I was furious! If you have to lie to people to get them to join your religion then what does that say about you? When you tell people they cannot look at any information that is derogatory about your religion, what does that say about you? When you know that if you leave the religion, no one will talk to you or help you, it is emotional blackmail.

That about sums up how honorable Jehovah's visible earthly organisation is.

• LV101
    LV101

I don't recall being told I was being baptized into an organization after 1985. Is there a chance this was only part of the baptismal talk? I was totally unaware of this whatever the case and consider it as nothing. Never heard a word about this when studying.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Watchtower 1985 6/1 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication

Decision Based on Knowledge

Likewise this year many thousands are contemplating the step of baptism during the “Integrity Keepers” Convention that will be held in many locations worldwide. Before reaching this point of baptism, all candidates have carefully reviewed with congregation elders the Bible’s principal doctrines and guidelines for Christian conduct to make sure they really qualify for baptism. Thus the decision to be baptized is by no means a sudden emotional reaction. Rather, each one has ‘proved for himself the good and acceptable and perfect will of God’ and wishes to submit to that will.—Romans 12:2.
    At the close of the convention baptism talk, the baptism candidates will be in position to answer with depth of understanding and heartfelt appreciation two simple questions that serve to confirm that they recognize the implications of following Christ’s example. The first question is:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will? The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

But the "What does the bible really teach " book says chap. 18 p. 183 par. 24

"Baptism and Your Relationship With God
    Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an ORGANIZATION."

• Magnum
    Magnum

So are there are any real legal ramifications of the 1985 baptismal question wording change (see Watchtower-Free's post above)? I think in 1985 the part about God's sprit-directed organization was added. Can anybody explain? How would the situation be different for somebody baptized in 1986 versus somebody baptized in 1984?

• clarity
    clarity

!n 1984....baptised in the name of the father, Son & holy spirit!

!986 ......into jehovah & gods spit directed organization!

Read Christs words end Matthew (I think) to see what word he used!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit