WT wants members to auxiliary pioneer in place of vacations now!!!

by EndofMysteries 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My Mum was a Vacation Pioneer(TM) and I got dragged around on the failed misery during the summer holidays from school................................it was hell! I hated my life.....still do!

• steve2
    steve2

I'm off to the Bahamas for my vacation. I have my short-shorts and subscreen packed and a camera to take lots of selfies. I am a new breed JW. I intend to also auxiliary pioneer and will count time during the long haul flight. The beaches will heave with my JW presence.

Please spare a thought for the passengers sitting to my left and right (yes, I requested a middle seat) on the flight.

Golden tanned but modestly suited, I plan to present a glowing account of my pioneer quest at the next service meeting upon my return.

Jehovah will go from very sad to very happy. I can hear the sound of joyous heavenly celebrations. Thank you; I can only do it with your support Jehovah.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

wasn't auxiliary pioneering formerly called "vacation pioneering" way back in the day?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nothing new here - As wallsofjericho says, it used be called Vacation Pioneering because you could Pioneer in your vacation (what Brits call a holiday) break from work.

The requirement was then 50 hours which was supposed to be done in your two weeks vacation plus a further 25 hours in the month so that in the month you did at least 75 hours

What a Privilige !

• piztjw
    piztjw

Who are these others that they are speaking of?

They're the same mysterious "others" who are always going to be stumbled out of "da troof" if you go to a nightclub and enjoy a cocktail and dance with someone. Or you go hunting. Or you go to any movie that isn't on the WT approved movie list. Or you listen to music that might get your toes tapping. Or you....well you get the idea.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.........................Want More Time for more Field Service Hours.so You can Pioneer?!!

.............................................................Let The WBT$ Show You How!!..

................Quit your Job..................................... Don`t Eat ..................................No Bathroom Breaks............................

...........................................................................Don`t Sleep..

......Now you can Work for the WBT$ 24 hrs a Day..7 Days a Week!!..

................ I`m Hungry and Tired.. ........I Haven`t Taken A..

........................I Miss My Kids..................Dump In A Month..

.........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• piztjw
    piztjw

.....it was near impossible to tell a Sleepwalking Pioneer from an "ordinary" pioneer because they were both just as slow moving and bored in field sdrvice.

I just heard (started) a rumor that this loving provision from the GB is going to be started up again. Of course as an added loving provision for the pious sneers there will be large bags of popcorn shipped to the congregations. One bag per part-time pious sneer, and two bags for the full-time pious sneers. They can carefully drop one popcorn kernal every sixty seconds while they are out banging on doors. That way it will be easier to identify which ones are moving, and which ones have fallen asleep.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I will NEVER do this, ever. FU WTBTS. You pay my bills, you work your a** off to pay for food, clothing and shelter. YOU work to pay for the D.O and C.O to have medical insurance while you suffer from the lack of it. Go get a job making tents you fat cats.

DD

• nugget
    nugget

Vacation pioneerig has been going for years. My husband used to do it and was miserable the whole month. He used to do a lot of walking round the territory as we are in a rural area and it takes hours getting from a to b.

So glad that this is not on my plan for the year.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I grew up in a family where the mentality was:

"If you're not in some form of full-time service, you're a loser."

The only exceptions were: (1) Kids during the school year, (2) SOME people with disabilities that passed the scrutiny of judgemental JWs, (3) Moms with tons of kids, and (4) people with serious financial problems who hadn't yet figured out how to "balance" making money and pioneering.

As a kid, I didn't like the fact that I was EXPECTED to auxiliary pioneer during summer breaks. But, aside from the damaging cult aspects, I think it helped build a decent work ethic in me as well as time-management. Let's face it, how hard is it for a kid with no other obligations to get in 60 hrs? For me it was just a necessary chore to get through before I could either go have fun or make some bucks.

Having said that, everyone would have been better off if my parents had required us to get summer jobs instead of pioneering.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit