by Zoos 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

When Jesus hit the ground running at age 30 in his

ministry, did he introduce new light???

Example, healing on the Sabbath.

• Aroq
    Aroq

jam, was that really new light or was Jesus telling them to focus on the point and not make many many many rules to try and harness it?

• jam
    jam

Arog, I agree. Just thinking a head in case they bring

that up. Good point, "make many many many rules".

So typical with the WT.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I went to a mainstream Christian church for a number of years after leaving the WTBS. Their primary doctrines fit on a piece of paper the size of a postcard and are things generally recognized by almost all mainstream denominations. The rest of it is regarded as open to interpretation and discussion. As said above, if it ain't broke, you don't need to fix it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So this religion says that God inspired the writing of the Bible so that it can be taken as literal truth. The creation, Adam and Eve, Noah's ark, the plagues of Egypt, the virgin birth, the miracles of Jesus, all true, every word because God's servants heard him correctly and wrote it all down. However God's modern day servants can't seem to get one thing right in the last hundred years?

• galaxie
    galaxie

Xanthippe,....Of course they have got at least one thing right.....

ITS ALL WRONG!!!!! LOL

• Zoos
    Zoos

BEMUSED - Also, if you accept new light, don't you also have to accept that there may well be more new light in future, ie accept that some of the current doctrines are probably wrong?

I agree with your reasoning here, but I have heard JWs say that in its entire history they have never had to change any of their "core" doctrines; trinity, immortality of soul, heavenly/earthly hope, etc... Only minor adjustments in understand.

I suppose the change from 1879 - 1914 second coming could be considered core, but that's so long ago it doesn't count.

GINGERBREAD - "We must wash our brains clean of the former thought and embrace the correct 'New Light' from Jehovah's faithful and discreet slave."

If that's an accurate quote, that is just horrifying.

Lot's of great comments. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit