Victory in Defeat !

by cookiemaster 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Nice! Hope your parents totally awaken also. That would be best for all concerned.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Thank you everyone for your support ! It's amazing to have a place where you can talk about these things. Currently, I'd still prefer to not disclose my identity and just say I'm from an EU country. I am indeed sorry that my parents had to be emotionally hurt, but it was a necesarry evil that allows taking further distance from the borg. This entire affair has indeed started in a childish manner and continued in the same way until now. This elder in question really does have a thing against women. I've heard him times before, when a woman raised a concern, saying that women should shut up and mind their own business when it comes to the affairs of the congregation. Which is really disrespectful.

My parents are very firm on not going to any further group studies at that MS's house. It's obvious that his disrespectful behavior will only continue and get worse. He's very arrogant and fanatic when it comes to the doctrine. He basically keeps his 26 year old daughter hostage in their home. It's been that way her entire life. At 20 she got away and moved with her sister to another country. She there had a worldly boyfriend and even had sex with him, so she got disfellowshipped. While her sister remained there and never talked with her parents again, she returned home, prayed for their mercy and eventually got reinstated. She now suffers from depression and her father does not allow her to leave the house without being acompanied by one of her other siblings or mother. She's basically a hostage. Not allowed to go have any social contact outside the meetings even with brothers. I'm telling you all this so you'll understand what kind of a scum her father is.

I am trying to awake my parents to see the harsh reality. However, is not easy considering that they spent the vast majority of their lives being witnesses. It's very hard to accept that you've wasted four of the best decades of your life for this cult. I'm trying to take them slow, but at a constant pace. As I've learned from others on this forum, it's often better to talk at first about other cults so they can make a comparison in their mind. As they keep distancing themselves from the borg, I will intensify my efforts at digging at their misguided faith. Hopefully, not long from now we will all be free.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I think you are doing great cookiemaster. Let's hope you will all be free soon.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

-Xanthippe Thank you !

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi cookiemaster, Can you convince your parents to conduct a home Bible Study? Your objective would be to help your parents to identify how the Pharisees and Sadducees used BITE control techniques to victimize Jews and how Jesus Christ felt about it. DO NOT draw parrallels to the WTBTS. Let your parents critically think for themselves and make their own conclustions. Help and encourage your parents to use internet searches to do independent research of the WTBTS. According to a Watchtower in 1989, I believe, the truth is still the truth even if Satan says it.

If you do not know how to identify BITE control techniques, please visit Steve Hassan's website www.freedomofmind.com and watch his FREE videos on his website. I recommend watching the following videos:

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

You are doing great. Research how to slowly introduce questions, that can take advantage of their ability to see the org for what it really is....at least temporarily.

Sorry to hear this guy is being a tool, and that you still have to mess with any of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit