Confused?

by nomorepain13 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi Confused,

For more information and possible enlightenment, please feel free to visit the ff link:

https://www.anointedjw.org/Site_Contents.html

Thanks and have a good day.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I agree with what others have already said.

Check the organization out thoroughly first.

If you would like to discuss any scriptural topic, feel free to PM me.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Run little buddy. Run.

Please go to www.jwfacts.com and read a Bit. I was born a JW. I pioneered from young teenage hrs through early pioneers serving as a Ministerial Servant. I had parts on assemblies and loved being a witness. I tell you this not to "brag" or try to make my past JW life bigger than it was. There are many ex-elders on here and even ex-bethelites. I just want you to know that I was not a typical apostate like the WT paints the picture.

I realized I had been taught some falsehoods and that I wanted to live my life my own way about a year aNd a half ago. Don't make my same mistakes! Dont get baptized. Run.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

nomorepain13 - I am planning on getting a job far away and moving out I think that is the best thing, but should I really talk to the elders about how I want to leave?

Hi nomorepain13, Welcome and I'm sorry that you are feeling so depressed.

If you do not want to feel more depressed, DO NOT talk to the elders about your feelings about leaving. It will only make matters worse for you . The WTBTS only wants JWs to serve a printing, print distribution, and real estate holding corporation. It does not want you to be successful and to enjoy life.

Use the internet to either confirm or deny your feelings. Independently research your beliefs. Visit reputable websites like www.jwfacts.com, www.freedomofmind.com, www.freeminds2.org, and www.watchtowerdocuments.com. If you do not provide many details about yourself, vent about your feelings and ask questions on JWN, because know one knows who you are and how to contact the elders in your congregation. If you talk about your feelings to JWs you may be marked and isolated more.

Add more details to your current plan to move away. Obtain more education/training to qualify for a well-paying career that you will enjoy, make more non-JW friends, and DO NOT get dunked until you have overcome your doubts.

If you decide that leaving the WTBTS is right for you, read books by exit-cult couselors like Steve Hassan (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his website www.freedomofmind.com, and watch his FREE videos on his website. The WTBTS is a dangerous cult that uses BITE control techniques to victimize JWs to always do more for the benefit of the WTBTS and not JWs. You will need help in overcome the WTBTS's indoctrinated phobias that you may have.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• CWstudy
    CWstudy

Thanks for sharing your experiences nomorepain.

Although I am quite a bit older than you, our stories are very much a like.

I would suggest that you turn to the bible for the answers. There are also many sites like JWfacts and this site that will help you find some of the answers you may be seeking. You might find that not fully commiting to the WT was truly for the best.

Good luck to you.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Dear Nomorepain13, welcome.

Some REALLY good advice on here for you.

I also used to feel I "didn't fit" in. No matter how much I did. Jehovah is NEVER happy. Your efforts will NEVER be enough.

Remember what SHUNNING is. You cannot leave once you get baptised.

Get some advice from a vicar/priest at a different church, if you are spiritually inclined. Don't be afraid of Christendom. It is NOT evil.

Most importantly, build a life outside of that Kingdom Hall. Education, Vocation and friends. Volunteer for a charity. Take up a sport you enjoy. Go on a short vacation and chat to as many people as you can.

There is a wonderful world out there, PLEASE go and enjoy it.

Much love

QCF XX

• thedog1
    thedog1

The brother who went through my unbaptized publisher questions tried to scare me saying how "people get df for sexual immorality" and even asking me questions like "What if a man who is married masturbates with a gay man? Is that fornication?"

Did they really say this? Sounds so strange a question to ask?

• nomorepain13
    nomorepain13

Yes thedog1 the elder did really say that word for word. He made fornication the main purpose of the questions saying I might get lonely and I want to be loved, basically saying how I might fall into sexual immorality. I must admit I don't really like him he does speak about embarassing topics that don't need to be so deeply spoken about. I am trying to hide my identity so if I do say that I am a brother and then in another post I say that I am a sister this is because I am hiding my identity...but in this instance I will say I am a 20 year old girl, curvy, I would like to think that I am some what attractive, and this elder talks to me about a husband masturbating with a gay man!! I was so embarassed!! My friend who is no longer in the truth told me that the same elder said something similar to her he said "If you commit sexual immorality it is just like I'm there watching you, this is how it is with Jehovah"......

• scary21
    scary21

I was born in and never fit in with the young ones in the congergation. I had lots of great worldly friends. I lived with guilt and fear for a long time because I belived it was the truth. I had all the fun I could because.......well why not, I was just going to die soon any how right ??? At that time there was not all the info out there like there is now. You are young and have lots and lots of info out there to reserch. DO IT !

I am now almost 60 and have seen alot in my life. The most shocking thing I have ever heard in my whole life. (and I thought I heard it all) was done by a brother to his JW wife. So don't think the JW's are worse or better than so called worldly people, They are the same. Some are good, some are bad. Use your good judgement. If this is a nice girl, and you like her, go for it !

Please, do not get baptized . You have a long life ahead of you.

Your new friend, Sherry

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome from you Brit Unky Punky.

You will find your path and I am certainly not going to tell you what to believe but you might want to check out JWFacts.com

Stay with us......been there done that...was an elder...born in.....came out when I mafe some disturbing discoveries. Not saying what they were but avoid baptism for now. Get baptized and you become watchtower proprrty not god's property.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards Uncle Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit