Atlanta International Convention Hotels Not Being Filled Up!

by James Jackson 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

This week our KH devoted the Whole Service Meeting to the upcoming International Convention in Atlanta. They read a 5 page letter from the Branch which stated basically that we should feel priviledged to be invited to this Convention.

However, many are not using the "Recomended Lodging List", "many Hotels still have plenty of rooms available", "We must be loyal to this arrangement", (or the Organization will not get their comp rooms).

• designs
    designs

Religion in America- a taxpayer subsidized ponzi scheme...

• sir82
    sir82

First Detroit, now Atlanta....

These are troubling times in the kingdom, m'lord.

Was it seriously 5 pages? Or was that just a bit of hyperbole?

• snowbird
    snowbird

My daughter is making plans to attend.

I don't envy her in the least.

Sylvia

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

SYLVIA

How are you? I've missed you and I hope you are happy and well.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Looks good on them!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yay!!! The waters are dying up!! Let's hope this trend continues.

DD

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I googled the atl convention for dates, and found this site. http://specialconventiontrips.com/

• sir82
    sir82

Actually, if this happened as reported, the implications are significant.

In the grander scheme of things, who really should care if JWs aren't lining up to spend money at certain hotels?

But the GB seems to view it as a matter of utmost importance and a personal insult to jehovah himself. Imagine, to cancel the "lifegiving spiritual truths" of an entire service meeting, and write a 5 page letter, scolding the congregation for what is so minor it's not even an infraction....

Are these guys starting to panic?

JWs don't fall all over themselves to obey with exactitude the whims of the GB, and the result is hysterical reaction and a screeching castigation?

If they get this spastic over a few hundred JWs being unwilling to follow their banal rules, how are they going to respond when something really big happens?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit