RABBIT-PROOF FENCE - Go & see it!!

by singsongboi 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Funchback
    Funchback

This movie was great and disturbing. It made me cry. Plus, those girls were adorable and did a believable job considering that none of them ever acted before.

Even though the DVD is already available, I was lucky enough to view it on the "big screen" in my local neighborhood theater.

I recommend this movie.

Brian

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Its an awesome movie! Absolutely great......!! I would say a MUST-SEE! Very emotional.....

Pope

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Ken, how the heck are ya???

Great movie....I enjoyed it. Its hard for the uninformed to know what was real fact and BS....but I guess thats the case with any movie based on a true story. But with that aside, I thought it was an excellent movie - speaking as an uninformed of course.

I also thought Once Were Warriors was a great movie even if it does grossly exaggerate life in New Zealand. Another good movie worth seeing, don't bother with the books, I didn't enjoy them half as much as the movie.

Mazza - how are you girl? How's life in HK? Are you wearing a mask? A girl at work came back from HK and everyone started getting the heebie geebies on her return - you'd think she had big weepie sores oozing green stuff by the way they were carrying on. Hope you're doing well.

~Beck~

• Prisca
    Prisca

pssssst Beck sweetie.... look at the dates of the original posts...

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    pssssst Beck sweetie.... look at the dates of the original posts...

LOL...okay....so you're dragging me out by my ear lobe ALREADY!!!

I'm still catching up (not wanting Prisca to know Beck follows Funch and Pope around the board)

~Beck~

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Beck

remember what the man says : "Don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters"

Pope

PS Did anyone see Beat Takeshi's "Brother"? Pretty cool movie if you don't worry too much about the bits which seem to not make any sense.

One reviewer summarises it like :

Methodical and slow paced, Brother brilliantly elicits the gamut of emotional response; from awe to happiness, sadness, and even laughter. In my opinion, it’s quite a masterpiece of film, and totally different from anything else I have ever come across. A note of warning though: this movie is not for those expecting an all out action-fest, this is an intelligent character-driven tale brought to you by the man, Kitano Takeshi.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Woops! Double post sorry.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    remember what the man says : "Don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters"

Righteo.....*says Beck as she goes out to hire Beat Takeshi's "Brother"*

ps...if this movie is about someone beating up on their brother, my kids are gonna love it.

• Funchback
    Funchback

^BUMP^ per request by nilfun.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yes it was a powerful film. I recommend all to see.

Left a huge impact on the audience. No ran out of the threatre!! True impact of racism.

Old Crow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit