Been through so much!

by MissConfused 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Its been a while that i came here due to so many ups and downs emotionally.. :(

Crazy that the family is so divided now that we cannot sit and talk (even though we pretend while attending meetings). All i can think is this line from Hotel California - "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"... Love the family so much that dont feel like hurting them.. This is killing me.

Regards, Miss Confused!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am so sorry to read of your woes. The Hotel Caiifornia line is right on target as for the JW situation.

Strength to you.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry that you feel trapped MissConfused. Can you make more non-JW friends? Can you write about what your family is so divided about and whose opinion do you care about the most?

I know that meetings are boring and mind numbing, so what are your options for missing meetings? Have you considered getting a better education/training/career that would conflict with attending all the meetings? What hobbies/interest do you have that you could think about during meetings or need to skip one or two meetings a month?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Sorry to hear you are hurting. Because we love them so much, family can be the greatest joy and the greatest pain.

Please take care of yourself. I've always been partial to bubblebaths, 30 minutes of squeaky clean relaxation. Then the world sometimes seems more manageable.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Hang in there.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I'm sure there are many families who put on a happy act for the meetings and don't get on outside them. It doesn't make sense to me, I'm the person who points out the elephant in the room, but it doesn't always mean everyone else wants to.

Be true to yourself, and be aware of the consequences.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have just done a quick reveiw of all your previous posts over the past 7 months since you first posted .Why keep putting yourself through this torment ? You obviously have more brains ( and balls ) than your husband , so get out while you are still young enough to have a life to live.

Jehovahs witnesses rationalise getting divorced and leaving their marriage mates on more flimsy excuses ,put your foot down on what you want and keep your legs crossed ,that will bring him around , and if it doesnt he deserves to be divorced .

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From what I've seen firsthand, those in my past & present congregations who fade due to apparent "spiritual weaknesses", are simply abandoned and left alone. So that is the route my wife and I will be taking when we change congregations, hopefully in a few months time.

By keeping away from "the middle of the congregation", a person is likely to be avoided, not shunned.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Miss Confused - I feel your pain. Such a difficult situation you are in but quite similar to others on this board. Finding the right course is very difficult and while your own piece of mind and living in a WBTS-free world must be a high priority - finding a way to manage your family is just as important - hasty action that destroys your family should be avoided. So don't feel any pressure to rush to action. Keep working on your husband to keep in on side so that he can adjust to the new reality of you knowing TTATT. If he loves you, as long as you don't shove TTATT down his throat, he should accept you for who you are and what you believe or don't beleive.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Quite often we need help in healing ourselves from the harm done to us, this then helps us to be in a position to help our loved ones.

A good Site with downloads and books on the subject of recovery and similar things is :

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/ex-jw

The books are cheap, some downloads are free ! Worth a look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit