My 5 year old said to me. Mommy calls you the grumpy ol’e troll that lives under a bridge.

by WhoYourDaddy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

We were watching Dora The Explorer together and my daughter still likes Dora as she just turned 5. (her birthday is on valentines day but that's another story.)

I laughed and said. That’s funny. That’s really funny. And my brain said it kind of hurt. But my most precious part of me said. That’s funny coming from a devout jw who came from the slums of the phillipines and catfished her way over 95 percent of the world population in terms of economic wealth.

And I laughed with my daughter. And we had a good one over that. I don’t wish bad on anybody but it’s usually at those moments of slamming somebody in to the pavement that it’s the peak and time to sell the farm.

Just sayin'

• 4thgen
    4thgen

"Oh yeah? What ELSE does Mommy say?"

• LogCon
    LogCon

My wife used to demean and belittle me to my daughter, starting about age 12. I was patient and never retaliated but just showed all the love I could to my daughter. We separated when my daughter was 14. When she was 18 she came to live with me and said she liked me more than Mom. I never coaxed her to make the comment, it came voluntarily.

Be patient and love your daughter.

Time heals all wounds and wounds all heels.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Obviously you can't control what mommy says, but you can prove her wrong to your daughter. Ask her what grumpy ole trolls do, and then do the opposite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit