Unassailable Truth about Creation

by Slidin Fast 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

It is rare to have absolute proof of the fact that the Borg is categorically wrong.

The recent discovery of hominid footprints in Happisburgh, Norfolk, England is one such. These footprints are of a family of people who walked in the soft mud 800/850 thousand years ago. This is properly substantiated fact not open to dismissal.

Further evidence in the UK shows the use of flint tools in hunting and butchering animals again accurately dated to 450,000/500,000 yearsThe bible traces Adam’s creation to something over 6000 years ago. This is an accurate analysis of the bible’s account based on date references through til the birth of Jesus.Jesus Christ the founder of the Xtian religion believed in Adam as the first man and therefore underwrites these dates.

The dates are accurate within the range and the conclusion inescapable. The bible is wrong in its chronology. Jesus was not all knowing and therefore not the son of an all-knowing creator.

The WT corp. is not and never has been the mouth-piece of an all knowing creator. Whatever value the bible has is not as an infallible document from on high.

I would submit the argument that these are facts and not open to any softer interpretation.

• sspo
    sspo

I agree with you but religious people, not just the watchtower continue to play dum and reject the clear evidence.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

The WT would be way smarter to only stick to generalities when it comes to science if their only interest was in spreading their "truth." They simply don't know what they are talking about or don't care if it's accurate or not. If that was their only priority, it would be safer to simply say they don't believe in it because the Bible says so.

But there is money to be made in Creationism. The Creation Book was widely read by non-Witnesses and no doubt a financial success. Richard Dawkins claimed that he had received many copies of it over the years in his book, "The God Delusion." (He criticized it as well.) That financial success, all by itself, was surely enough to keep them publishing it for more than 20 years despite its overwhelming factual errors. It also makes sense for them to make a new one to capitalize on this further. Every time they make a new anything, JWs have to donate generously for it just to keep up with the next book study. Then others - househoulders - will do the same.

• KateWild
    KateWild

At some point in the last 12 months jw.org had an article about creastion saying that JWs are not creationists. The GB want to make sure WT is not linked or affiliated with anyone. WT though teaches that evolution is not a true fact or teaching. Kate xx

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

How did they date these foot prints, if they are in stone then there is no way to date them accurately. That's how the religion's will get around this.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Crazyguy,

I couldn't tell if you are asking the question seriously, they dug a borehole through the laminated silts and dated layers either side of the silt layers in question.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0088329

Obviously you might want to start on wikipedia if you want a more basic introduction to geological dating.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Well I'm assuming that the people who discover and date these footprints are the same people that do the same for fossils of dinosaurs and stuff. Because, unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure that the wt use the fact that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago to disprove young earth creationists views and try to convince people that the bible is scientifically accurate. Anyone wanna try and see if any jws will accept the evidence that disproves their own doctrine?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Crazyguy, that is exactly the question I asked Dr Silvia Bello PhD , one of the scientists who studied the evidence for these finds. She explained the dating process using pollen grains, the strata from which the finds came, the comparison of layers immediately above and below the sample layer and the change in magnetic field reversals that the earth has undergone.

She explained that whilst some samples can be quite tightly dated others are assigned a wider range. In this case there is a range of 150,000 years. She explained that they never claim a more accurate age range than the evidence allows.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The recent discovery of hominid footprints in Happisburgh, Norfolk, England is one such. These footprints are of a family of people who walked in the soft mud 800/850 thousand years ago.

Obviously, Satan put those foot prints there then made them appear really old. Of course, this is for the purpose of making young-earth creationist look bad....

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The recent discovery of hominid footprints in Happisburgh, Norfolk, England is one such. These footprints are of a family of people who walked in the soft mud 800/850 thousand years ago.

Just realised should have put 800/950 thousand years giving a 150,000 year margin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit