12 potentially habitable planets found

by prologos 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Nasa.APOD.Gov. (astronomy picture of the day) shows the sizes of 12 exo planets (compared to earth), that have been found to be in the habitable, liquid water 'goldilocks ' zone of their sun-like stars.

may be it is more than a 'world-wide brotherhood' and sad that we have to be the lucky ones with satan confined here.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I saw that on the news. Maybe God gave up on us and decided to start over.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"sad that we have to be the lucky ones with satan confined here."

Of course, if life is ever proven to be out there, it makes a nonsense of the whole Devil versus Big J thing, either the "people" on that Planet are faithful to God, or not, but either way, Satan would belly-ache like mad at being confined to the Earth, he made the conditions when testing Job, are we to believe he would say nothing at the unfair contest that his imprisonment would make ?

There are thought to be so many Goldilocks Planets in the Universe that the number itself is hard to comprehend. It is highly unlikely we are the only life in the Universe.

• Fernando
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

Just think! There might be an Adam & Eve on each of those planets- we have to find them and warn them before they make a terrible mistake!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I recall the offical gb line in the 70's: "there is no proof that there is even other planets outside our solar system."

So, thats another thing they got wrong. I suppose they were banking on the big A coming before man had progressed this far and discovered what waffal they published inthe mags.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Hey we knew they had to be there, where else would the Mormons go when they earned their own planet to rule over.

• BU2B
    BU2B

This just blows the whole, we know there is a creator because the earth is in just the right spot to support life argument out of the water. Its true that it is but mathematics and probability would tell you that there would be potentially billions more througout our own galaxy, let alone the billions of other galaxies.

I believe that there are so many planets with life on them it isnt funny! What do we know? We are new to technology. The electric light has only been around a little over 100 years! Imagine what is left to learn.

As a side, if humanoid aliens ever came to earth and beamed me up and asked if I would come on their ship back to their planet.. I would go.

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

Studying astrophysics and astronomy is what got my best friend to wake up, and he in turn got me thinking. It's hard to feel significant against the scale of the cosmos.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Of course, if life is ever proven to be out there, it makes a nonsense of the whole Devil versus Big J thing, either the "people" on that Planet are faithful to God, or not, but either way, Satan would belly-ache like mad at being confined to the Earth, he made the conditions when testing Job, are we to believe he would say nothing at the unfair contest that his imprisonment would make ?

Satan staked his claim on getting humanity to turn against God (according to our former belief system). That doesn't mean there can't be other planets with life on them. As you say, they might have resisted Satan's temptation. Or, life was created there after our own planet. Or, Satan finally decided to act against God after observing a lot of other planets giving God their worship and getting jealous. You're also conflating "life" with "intelligent life". If God only placed simple life on the other planets then it has no bearing on on the sovereignty issue.

I recall the offical gb line in the 70's: "there is no proof that there is even other planets outside our solar system."

So, thats another thing they got wrong.

No they didn't. There was not clear proof at the time, so they were correct.

This just blows the whole, we know there is a creator because the earth is in just the right spot to support life argument out of the water. Its true that it is but mathematics and probability would tell you that there would be potentially billions more througout our own galaxy, let alone the billions of other galaxies.

How is anything proven or disproven by the existence of exo-planets in the Goldilocks zone? If it turns out that none of them have life on them, it will tend to suggest a Creator made us. If it turns out that some do have life, who says the Creator didn't put it there? Your argument is unclear.

It's hard to feel significant against the scale of the cosmos.

Why? We're still the only known planet with any kind of life on it. My assumption as a JW was always that, if aliens didn't exist, we would naturally be colonizing those other planets one day. So that just makes humans more important, that we eventually get to be 'masters of the cosmos'.

More to the point, your statement implies that if someone scoured a large area of seabed, and found a single oyster with a pearl in it, that the oyster and pearl is not significant because it's the only one in a big area. It's the opposite of logical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit