Detroit DC is NOT filling up? Please book a hotel room!! -letter

by ?me? 53 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Maybe after those who already booked rooms see the 2014 Program, they may cancel their reservations lol.

The 2014 program if you haven't read it is basically, Preaching and serving the GB are more important than your own health, financial security, family, eating, recreation, and education. Those who WILL die at armagedon are those who put any weight into the above. Those who WON'T die are those who remain stupid and uneducated, those who unquestionably accept every utterance from the GB's backside, and those who obey what the GB commands. The last day of the assembly lists all the ways in which one can show their obedience for the GB and their committment to not enjoy their life, recreation, put family first, their own health and finanical situation, etc.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

EOM - if that's true, i hope someone records the key talks and put them on the net.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@Kate - this year the convention arrangements are VERY inconvienient for most people in the UK.

The international convention is being held at Twickers. Draw a line along the M4 to Wales and EVERYONE south of that line is going to the home of Rugby Union. That's all of Sussex to Cornwall.

Most of Kent, east London and Essex are going to the Excel in the Docklands. Which has pi**ed them all off, especially those in London since the "gold" location is Twickenham and they can't go. They have to sit in a convention centre and watch the GB big wigs huddled round a big telly. And be grateful. I know this bit 'cos a Bethel brother's wife from East London told me how upset everyone was when they were told.

Hotels have been booked solid for months now. People from Cornwall will be spending a fortune to attend. The cheapest rooms in Travel Lodges at the end of the runway at LHR are £100 a night. If you have kids and need two rooms then you are spending £200 a night. We have seen prices for almost £500 a night for a double room.

It's also a bank holiday weekend.

All of Wales are going Cardiff. Those in England but close the south Welsh border won't be going, they are off to Birmingham.

For those north of the M4 it's not so bad as there are conventions in Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Coventry. The only convention not happening on the 22nd-24th is Coventry which is the week after as they could not get the Ricoh that weekend.

• zebagain
    zebagain

all very interesting..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit