Weekends Are Wonderful Since Leaving The Cult

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• snakeface
    snakeface

I still get up early on weekends because I have to let my dogs out. But afterward I can go back to bed, or I can enjoy a leisurely big breakfast (and then go back to bed if I wish) or throw in a load of laundry and do some chores so that the rest of the day is free. Every other week I go out to breakfast and have a big feast - Belgian waffles, omelets, a stack of pancakes or whatever...it is so nice to just take my time and not be on a schedule.

I live pretty close to the assembly hall. Often on the weekends I pass by it and see the parking lot full. All those people are sitting there - in their suits and dresses - wasting the whole day while I'm either doing something fun or getting errands done so I can have fun later on.

Other religions have weekend activities, but they do not take up the whole day. Those churches realize their members have other - important - things to take care of on their days off from work.

The Bible says, "Keep first the kingdom." It does not say, "Seek only the kingdom," and do nothing else.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Humans are essentially tribal creatures, and status has always - always - been a fundamental aspect of tribal dynamics.

In a WT tribe - a congregation - the only acceptable way of acquiring something akin to status (and don't even think about calling it that, either) is determined by one's "spirituality", i.e. the amount of outward and visible displays of loyalty and dutifulness to the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit