If you wrote book about JW's what title would you give it?

by LogCon 53 Replies latest jw friends

• LogCon
    LogCon

Many, after leaving or being cast out of 'The Society,' have felt so strongly so as to write a book. Some well thought out and good reading.

My questions are the following:

If you were to write such a book what title would you give it ?

and

Would you write primarily about your experiences OR about the teachings and doctrines ?

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

If you were to write such a book what title would you give it ?

"Betrayal"

Would you write primarily about your experiences OR about the teachings and doctrines ?

Both

Shana

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I keep thinking it would suit a sci-fi novel. Crazy religious cult develops on third planet from a distant star as part of the religious backlash against scientific discoveries of the origins of the dominant species. Can't think of a title yet.

Edit: with a nod to Asimov, I might call it No Foundation.

• Zoos
    Zoos

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Oh wait! Already taken.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

I like your question. I spent a few minutes thinking about it. I think I would like to write about the struggle of deprogramming myself from JW mindset to an ordinary mortal human being mindset and about the hurdles (in my mind) I had to overcome on the way. The title: 'Becoming human', 'Human again' or something like that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"My Mother Was Is a Dope"

• mouthy
    mouthy

My Title would be "KNOCK KNOCK WHO's THERE"

Yes I would tell of the times I did KNOCK!!!! with the intention of misleading all I spoke to.
    all 10 that followed my "lie" that I truly believed was truth.
    I would tell of the beatings black eyes,fractured scull,that I recieved from my hubby!
    to stop having the mind control I was under.I would tell of the suicides ,the broken marriages
    the families they split up.... I would also tell of the money I gave toa bunch of OLD men
    at the Headquarters,

I would also tell how they said women MUST do as the husband demanded
    no oral sex, UNLESS they changed that order when they were asked by my unbelieving
    husband. Then they told me I HAD to OBEY!!!!HUBBY!!!!! Oh yes but they were MEN!!!!!!
    In London England ,when I lived there as a kid. Unbeliever in GOD!!!My Atheist DAD
    used to call people he disagreed with "cocksuckers" But I dont think he knew JWS (LOL)

• losingit
    losingit

I just finished reading "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao." The author, Junot Diaz, introduces the Caribbean concept of Fuku. Basically, it's the extreme generational heritage of a family curse or bad luck. I'd name my book: Fuku. Has the English connotation of F#%@ you, if you choose to read it with English pronunciation. And it carries it's original definition at the same time. Jwism (and all other abusive relationships) is truly an extreme curse that can be carried onto the next generation if one does not actively fight against it on a daily basis.

"Fuku: Breaking the JW Curse"

• JeffT
    JeffT

One of my working titles, which I've since abandoned, was "Waiting for Armageddon."

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Great Expectations Postponed Indefinitely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit