Saturday's cemetery chapel service

by RULES & REGULATIONS 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My aunt passed away last week. She was a widow and left an only son who never married. My cousin took care of my aunt with help from friends, family and neighbors for close to two years.

The funeral was last Saturday with a Catholic Church service in the morning and a cemetery chapel service before burial. My bother ( who is an Elder ) and his wife both walked in the cemetery chapel with my wife and I. We all stood close to the casket while the priest gave a 10 minute talk.

My cousin ( who's mourning his mom and is not feeling well ) turned around and called my ( Elder) brother and I to stand next to him. I walk to the front and hold my cousin's arm. My brother refused to stand in the front with my cousin. He just stood near the rear of the chapel with his wife.

I know we were all told that as Jehovah's Witnesses you should not to attend any church services. That's Fine! But this was a new one.

Why can't you just respect the service by listening even if you don't agree? What harm would it been to stand in the front? That was so disrespectful!

• designs
    designs

Socially (normal polite things that are expected as a minimum) just don't come naturally to most JWs. We were always second guessing ourselves because of all the rules.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Hmmmm... Rules being more important than showing love. I seem to remember a certain somebody a couple thousand years ago condeming religious leaders in his time for that.

• eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit