2013 Yearbook of Jehovah Witnesses Reviews on GoodReads

by mynameislame 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17186092-2013-yearbook-of-jehovah-witnesses

The 2014 reviews were there too but not nearly as many as the 2013 yet.

More interesting than the reviews of the yearbook were the number of other reviews and ratings posted by the various users.

Some of them were quite impressive with the number of books they had read and rated.

• Honesty
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame

Honesty, I agree the YB reviews were a little nausiating but I thought it was interesting how many non JW books some of the people have read and reviewed. For example Levine has read 370 books with 190 reviews and only a few of them were WT books. I even noticed she gave a couple awakes 4 out of 5 stars. The awakes were listed under audio books.

I found it encoraging that the young people seem to be open to things other than the WT literature. Some of her's were kiddy books but some seemed more young adult. There were a few other members with a healthy list of non-WT literature as well.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I like doing reviews on Amazon. I've reviewed many of the books I read over the years. It's both therapeutic and informative for innocents.

For a while, I had a guy following me and responding, "Apostate!" sorta stuff on all my reviews. Luckily, he copied and pasted his response to me--same one every time--so I reported him to Amazon as harassing. He stopped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit