Lots of campaigns this year

by thedog1 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedog1
    thedog1

Lots of leaflet campaigns this year.

1. Leaflet campaign to invite people to the Memorial

2. District convention invitations.

3. Campaign to advertise JW.org in August.

Doesn't leave much time for conversations.

• millie210
    millie210

So is this any way to mark a hallmark year?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yep.

I wonder why? Could it be that leadership isn't really interested in 'new recruits', rather they simply want to hold on to what they have and keep them as busy as possible?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Keep 'em busy.

Then when the reports are tallied up 2014 can be hailed as a significant year of theocractic activity.

Thus we can be sure that we've pleased our heavenly father in the 100th anniversary year of his son taking the throne and expelling the Great Apostate Satan from heaven...

Sorry for that breakdown in transmission - normal service will now resume.

Time obsessed little cult.

Actually, thinking about it, does this mean the 8 Who Rule are Time Lords?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I can't wait to see if they actually report the number of tracts and invitations placed.

"What a wonderful shout of praise to Jah brothers and sisters, in 2014 we placed 3,245,247,245 tracts and magazines!".

Idiots.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Must say I did get a shock when I realised that we were supposed to now count all tract placements as well as mags and now these campaigns will bump up the numbers. Mmmmmm........ I smell a rat, and I'm still in!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

... I think, for some JW's, the leaflet campaigns add to their sense that the end is very soon now. I know this was the feeling I and others got when the "End of False Religion is Near" campaign took place in October/November 2006. It has been overused again to the point of not creating the buzz that they had to do additional things like reducing hour requirements for Aux Pio. But alas .... expectation postponed makes the heart grow sick.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Doesn't leave much time for conversations.

Well you're not allowed to talk about anything anyway. Reminds me of when my FIL was involved in amateur radio. He called people up all over the world but they weren't allowed to talk about politics, religion, current affairs ......... So he would be talking to a guy in Moscow ........about the weather!

• blondie
    blondie

Not much emphasis on how to find interest and return and make disciples...many jws view they are covered if people are warned but that they as jws are not required to return and make disciples...that is the responsibility of the jws to become jws.

Not much different than this example: does the shepherd look for the sheep or do the sheep have to call for the shepherd? Ezekiel was told to warn and avoid bloodguilt...but is that all jws are to do?

*** w02 3/1 p. 16 pars. 13-14 How Precious Is the Truth to You? ***

In Scotland some young lambs were grazing in a pasture when one of them strayed to the side of a hillock and tumbled onto a ledge below. It was uninjured, but it was frightened and unable to climb back. So it started to bleat plaintively. Its mother heard it, and she too began to bleat until the shepherd came and retrieved the young lamb.

14 Notice the sequence of events. The lamb called for help, the ewe added her voice to its cries, and the alerted shepherd sprang into action to rescue it. If a very young animal and its mother can sense danger and immediately call for help, should we not do the same when we stumble spiritually or face unexpected dangers from Satan’s world? (James 5:14, 15; 1 Peter 5:8) We should, especially if we are lacking in experience either because we are young or because we are relatively new in the truth.

• BU2B
    BU2B

They want to take human beings most valuable resources, their money and their time. They know more JWs will go out if all they have to do is leave a tract and run.. No preparation needed, no awkward conversations. The JWs will be too busy to think about anything important, and it will stroke their egos thinking they are warning the "wicked".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit