What do you do at a birthday party?

by flower 12 Replies latest jw friends

• seedy3
    seedy3

Beer, don't forget the beer, you can't have a B-day party without beer . Ohhhh for a 3 year old Hmmmmm Beer, yep beer. The adults have to have some fun too while all the kiddies are running around playing games and such.

Seedy

• Christina77
    Christina77

Birthday parties are the best thing in the world... I enjoy them more now, than when I was a kid... (I'm not or ever was a JW)

Believe me, there will be sugar, sugar, and more sugar... so don't bring anything that contains sugar, especially if it is for the parents... but usually people don't bring food to a birthday party unless it is a family party... then sometimes... but bringing it is ok... my advice, bring either a veggie platter with some sort of dip... I usually have carrots, celery, peppers, colliflower or brocholi.... and put in a lowfat ranch dressing in a bowl in the center... or a veggie dip found on the back of a lipton veggie soup box... or bring a fruit salad... most parents want to stay away from the stuff for the kids if they are trying to eat healthy... so they will be greatful to see veggies or fruit...

and for the gift... usually I don't spend over $20... something the kid will enjoy... even if you ask the parent that is fine, or ask another parent with a child the same gender and age what their kids like.... toys, games, puzzles are always good...

and most of all... Don't worry... you and your kid will HAVE FUN and can't wait to go to the next one!!!!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Flower

Ain't it great to go mainstream??! Hehe, but I understand the nerves. The first birthday party we attended after leaving was the one I had for my daughter...yikes!! I didn't have a clue what to do, had that whole "deer in the headlights" look going on for most of the party. But my best friend Misti, who isn't and never was a JW, knew my story and she kept telling me what to do, discreetly, so none of the other moms figured out that I was completely lost

In my experience, at other kids' parties, the parents usually just hang around talking and keeping an eye on the kids. I think everyone has given you pretty good advice (cept maybe for the beer comments )...just relax and enjoy yourself. But expect a seriously hyper kid when it's time to go home!

Lastcall...you had me LOLOL at your post

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit