by SixofNine 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"The beatings will continue until moral improves."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dave,

: "The beatings will continue until moral improves."

"Shepherding" the WTS way: "when you find a wounded sheep, shoot it and kill it.'

Farkel

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Dave,
    : "The beatings will continue until moral improves."

"Shepherding" the WTS way: "when you find a wounded sheep, shoot it and kill it.'

Farkel

Oh, if only they would shoot their wounded sheep and immediately end their misery. But, like the sick little puppies they are, they like to torture their wounded for extended periods until the wounded sheep finally commits suicide. (interpreted as disassociating often)

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• moman
    moman

As long as the "wounded sheep" in the field is jumping around & making a fuss, it draws attention away from the shepard & the lamb in the barn!

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah, the bastards go for gut shots, not head shots!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Just how much further away can they get from the careing shepard that leaves the 99 alone while they go search for the 1 lost sheep.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • Balsam
    Balsam

I remember them taking about stoning in Watchtower articles, since we are not allowed to stone wrong doers as the nation of Isreal did, disfellowshipping is a fine alternative. But Jehovah's way of stoning was God given and superior.

Now you know anyone who was up for a potential stoning, high tailed it out of Isreal real quick. They would not stick around and have the men of the city testify against them about adultery, gluttany, murder, etc. etc. They would run. I bet there was few stonings.

So if they decided killing wrong doers and apostates, they will be coming after us. I can see it now.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

We will get rid of them to show them how much we love them.

Come to think of it, I was thinking of leaving my wife to tell her how much I love her....think it'll work?

ashi

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The statement by Brown, if reported accurately, that the reason for DF is to bring the person back to the borg, is A LIE.

The elders' manual clearly states that it's to keep the congregation "clean", and to "punish", as well as offering the possibility of the DF/DA person returning.

I can well imagine that there would be little likelihood of a DA person returning.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• blondie
    blondie

In the 3/1/2002 Watchtower page 16 paragraphs 12 through 14, illustrate the current WTS directions on shepherding:

Caring for Ourselves Spiritually

Our marriage mate or our parents can encourage us in the way of the truth. Likewise congregation elders can shepherd us as part of the flock under their care (Acts 20:28). But where does the ultimate responsibility lie if we are to persevere in our way of life based on the truth? Really, the responsibility rests with each one of us. And that is true both under normal circumstances and in difficult times. Consider the following incident.

In Scotland some young lambs were grazing in a pasture when one of them strayed to the side of a hillock and tumbled onto a ledge below. It was uninjured, but it was frightened and unable to climb back. So it started to bleat plaintively. Its mother heard it, and she too began to bleat until the shepherd came and retrieved the young lamb.

Notice the sequence of events. The lamb called for help, the ewe added her voice to its cries, and the alerted shepherd sprang into action to rescue it. If a very young animal and its mother can sense danger and immediately all for help, should we not do the same when we stumble spiritually or face unexpected dangers from Satan's world? (James 5:14,15; 1 Peter 5:8) We should, especially if we are lacking in experience either because we are young or because we are relatively new in the truth.

Luke 15
    The Parable of the Lost Sheep
    3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?

Where does Jesus say the sheep has to bleat first?

NWT
    Matthew 18:12 ***
    12 “What do YOU think? If a certain man comes to have a hundred sheep and one of them gets strayed, will he not leave the ninety-nine upon the mountains and set out on a search for the one that is straying?

No bleating here. This was one of the most amazing illustrations I have seen in the WT. Why, because it obviously goes against the teaching of the Fine Shepherd, Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit