Todays Field Service and the News

by fatboyfat 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi fatboyfat and oreilly!

Welcome! The easiest way to find the information you seek, oreilly, is to first click the "active" link at the top of the page, then scan down the list of subject headings looking for "silentlambs," "Bill Bowen," "Barb Anderson," and "NEWS," for example. You'll find plenty of relevant postings within the first ten pages of ACTIVE topics.

From there, you may want to look into the relationship the WTS had secretly maintained with the UN for ten years.

There's all sorts of eye opening stuff here.

• belbab
    belbab

I was abandonned out in the desert some decades ago for saying the JWs were worshipping an organization. I am saying this so you can understand from where I am speaking from.

Thank you for your post. Your sincerity, and love for your Creator stands out. I hope JR Brown and his superiors get your message. Your message is the message they must hear.

Jesus said in Revelations to one of the seven churches,

Rev 3:15 'I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.
    Rev 3:16 'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

You as a Jehovah’s Witness may consider me as cold

I consider you as hot in your devotion.

Let those in between receive their recompense as the text goes on to say.

I hope, sincerely, that we hear from you again.

belbab

PS. I wrote this post while O'Reilly was posting his. Welcome O',
    These words are for you also.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Just like Ajaxman, I also am not and never was a JW. He is right about informed non-jw's bringing this subject up during field service.

The Pandellos, Bill Bowen, and Barbara Anderson are being unfairly treated by the WT just because they are doing the right thing. At the very least, I hope JW's will be more aware of who they trust with their kids at the Kingdom Hall.

Devon

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day fatboyfat,

May I add my words of welcome to this board.

Much of the time this is a happy place but sometimes a little 'noisy'. Stick around and you'll learn plenty about past and current events in the Society that you may never have been aware of.

Reading your account of today's car group reminded me of the Society's response to the 1975 teaching. (Yes, it WAS a teaching.) After it failed, they blamed "some over-eager publishers". You may remember. Each time there is a change in teaching or procedure, the blame is always shafted to the publishers. Why? Because, if it was admitted in the pages of The Watchtower, the publishers would lose confidence in the WTS being the F&DS. The WTS prefer to have the publishers hang on their every word. Isn't that so? How many times can you count the reference to a past Watchtower in a talk? The magazine is just as important as the Bible to them. This is especially so if you attend an elders meeting.

Again, welcome aboard and let's hear more from you.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, guy! Welcome. Better spray Lysol first though... there are real people in here. So... drag up a chair, have a grande Irish cream latte, kick your shoes off, and tell us what's on your mind!

Oh... you already have. ;) Kewl!

COMF

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Hi fatboy:
    Your not alone there are going to be many JWs affected by this news especially in field service. I would think it will prevent some from going out. And make others feel like fools because that is how the WT is treating the publishers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• edempsey
    edempsey

THe story was on the CNN ( http://www.cnn.com) website last Friday, May 10. It is no longer there but maybe they have archives.

It appeared in our local paper in Durham, NC the same day.

Elaine

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Elaine, is Hamlet close to Durham?

• Imbue
    Imbue

That's why I printed all those articles out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit