A New Book

by scholar 10 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I have to agree with the findings of the author of this book. I hate to admit to falling into the category of the average traumatized person finding solace in the controlled group. I suppose having lived through and survived true chaos the human brain enjoys some peace and security in the JWs. Do this and you'll get that. Go to the meetings and in service and you will see the paradise.
    But there are lots of control groups or gangs to join. JW are not the worst. The JW base their group on the Bibles teachings and on Jesus'healthy words. They shun only holidays not supported in the Bible. Muslims and Jews, which represent millions of persons, do not celebrate Christmas either.

Sociologists come to the conclusion then that "Religion is the opiate of the people."
    So is food and a dry bed comfort for the people.
    Human beings want comfort, peace and security and safety and a hope for the future.
    What is so wrong with that?
    I fail to see what is so funny about people wanting mental and spiritual comfort too.
    Since I have been dfd I have had so many conversations with those outside of the JWs
    Many people are whacked!! Their beliefs or no beliefs are outrageous to me, no different than believing that only 144,000 are going to heaven to be a government over the rest of us.
    A woman I met recently, a teacher in the unified school district in the town I presently live in. This woman believes in EVERYTHING!!! She believes in Christ, Buddha, the Catholic church, but she is Bahai, she believes Jesus was/is God but that he married and fathered a child with Magdalene. She channels the Spirits and can predict the future 50/50 she says, but dont tell anyone or she may lose her job.
    This womans daughter is a PHD sociologist cold snob who I also met.

My point is this. Whether the entire group of sociologists and psychiatrists and the Mensa society feels religion and the belief in God is silly and in vain and only for the emotionally challenged I cannot care. There is more to it than that and they cannot see it. There is more to accepting the existance of God and desiring a relationship than merely to say it is assuaging fear. There is a longing for meaning and purpose and peace and beauty and grace and happiness. Embracing chaos is very difficult for humans. Why? Because we were not created to accept it. Our minds reject it.
    Just my thoughts.
    Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit