Whitewashed sinners all of them-elders.

by DannyBear 13 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah, I agree DannyBear, I was a Dub for many years...isn't it odd how you can't see the forest for the trees when you're "in"? :/

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• think41self
    think41self

Good to see you again DannyBear,

Good points. I of course wasn't an elder, but was married to one, and had relatives who were...so I knew some of their personal habits too.

Especially was it hard to hear some of them offering up prayers for the congregation. Like when my husband had been so plastered the night before that he passed out on the living room floor....and then wants to pray for Jehovah's spirit? Or giving talks about family study or daily text? Which we never did. Don't know about JC matters, I never asked.

But the whole atmosphere of "Witnessdom" encourages hypocrisy at every turn...all those people repressing themselves and trying to live up to impossible ideals. What do you expect?

think41self

This side of Eden, whether we realize it or not, we feel the stain on our souls, and at every opportunity, we try to scrub it away with steel-wool guilt.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

think41self - I can so relate.

I went to a meeting about 5 years after I left and they asked my ex-husband ex-elder to read the WT and say the pray. I was so disgusted. The elder who asked him knew why I left. He listened to my then husband tell him the perverted things he did and they still asked him to get up there and pray.

I think the only reason I didn't get up to leave was that I thought I would pass out if I stood up. Woulda been quite the show though.

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Think4!

You said; ***But the whole atmosphere of "Witnessdom" encourages hypocrisy at every turn...all those people repressing themselves and trying to live up to impossible ideals. What do you expect?***

This is a fact that truly escapes them. They are so wrapped up in trying to meet the specifications of being 'in the truth', that they literaly ignore their own humanity. Oh yes they admit to being sinner's, but at the same time condemn/destroy anyone, especially their own childer, who cannot constantly meet the high expectations.

Thus you have Kingdom Halls full of guilt ridden, depressed and abused loser's. Every hour of field service, serves to relieve their consiences of all the sins, they are so aware of.

I think God is debased and degraded by the JW form of worship, along with every other form of religion, who uses God to keep it's followers in line.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit