Comfort for the Brokenhearted facebook page

by Pete Zahut 7 Replies latest social humour

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think the JW Comfort for the Brokenhearted facebook page needs a few more well placed comments from the other side. I see that a lot of JW's I know have friended this site.

The poem below is one of their offerings.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comfort-for-the-Brokenhearted/344767848880643

H.E.R.E.

A times I will greet a brother or a sister at the Kingdom Hall and I will ask them how they are.
    They look at me with tired eyes and say, I'm H.E.R.E.
    This poem is for all of us who are glad that you are H.E.R.E.
    The kids were cranky, your husband was late.
    The dinner you had ready on time just had to wait.
    But you're H.E.R.E.

A long week in service with 'I'm not Interested' and most not at home.
    You just like to have some time all alone.
    But you're H.E.R.E.

The job was exhausting, you come home feeling beat.
    You keep thinking you have that deadline to meet.
    But you're H.E.R.E.

Your eyesight is failing, you can't hear all the talk.
    Your legs feel feeble, it's a challenge to walk.
    But you're H.E.R.E.

You've faced challenges, you've faced trial.
    You pushed yourself that last mile.
    But you're H.E.R.E.

So we're happy you made it, we know it took courage.
    You didn't let the world get you discouraged.
    Because when you're H.E.R.E. at the meetings you're really

H-elping E-veryone R-emain E-ncouraged

• wizzstick
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Here is what I think about that facebook page....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This person deffinately got some bad program viruses running around in their psyche. What a pitty to waste one's life being glad they are at a Watchtower Corporation sponsered "meetings" to recieve Corporation dirrectives as if it was vital spiritual food that leads one into everlasting life in heaven and on earth.

A real pitty to put so much trust in a corporation lead by the Jehovah Bully Goons who call themselves the Faithful and Dicreet Slave of some ancient popular war god that got a death wish for all men on planet earth that don't fall down and worship his ass. And with this type of Deity/Corporation worship going on they are feeding shit like this to their indoctrinated flock. Their must be a high suicide rate with this type of leap in logic thought patern.

• zebagain
    zebagain

Yes HERE. helping etc... But where does that end? week after week of the same and burnout follows swiftly with depression , suicide, financial despair for those left behind.

The times I have entered a kh and immediately had the gaze away greeting followed by 'where is (wife)'.. ( was aside talking). Ever obsessed that couples must be seen in micron proximity. helping? encouraged. Not when the big news is the state of relationships. Once when having a pre meeting convo I dropped the word ..'separated' into my convo. Amid all the babble three different sisters looked across the hall to make eye contact one from the diagonal opp corner. The other two were not even aware they had done it.

Is it any wonder about then i stopped talking to any of them just 'hello', 'hows the baby', nod 'thats nice' and sit down face into bible.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

After the previous AWA?????? Facebook Debacle, who would visit a webpage? Another Deja-vu, Facebook is, has some nasty invasive and intrusive Apps, a disgusting company only used to make money, other than that, I avoid it like the plague!

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

WOWSERS! That's great advertising for the guberning body right there. That page is like a magnet for new believers to the borg. How could anyone not want to become a JW after going there? What a great future to look forward to. "Oh, I just want to slit my wrists. Thank goodness I have other people who want to slit their wrist too in order to keep me encouraged."

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Barf me out, and gag me with a spoon.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit