Higher Education...in the news. Pew research

by ldrnomo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/11/275297408/going-to-college-may-cost-you-but-so-will-skipping-it

Use this the next time a JW tells you there is little advantage to going to college.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

In Scandinavia, going to college does not cost you anything at all, exept for the loss of eventual salary, and the cost of living.

Still the Soc. says it is not worth spending 2-3 years in college, becouse the end is so near. And has been for more then a 100 years.

How can you possibly explain this fear of knowledge?

Bugbear

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Still the Soc. says it is not worth spending 2-3 years in college, becouse the end is so near.

And yet the WT has begun building projects, like a new hdqtrs. complex, that, by its own admission, will take 4-6 years to complete. WT obviously does not believe its own words.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Getting an advanced degree changed my life. I cannot speak for everyone, but for me it was the best thing ever.

I never bought into the society's line on education. This was one crack in my thought process that eventually opened me to TTATT.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

There are so many things I hate about the vile philosophy the WBTS teaches but the attitude to higher education is almost the one I hate the most. I think it is bleeding obvious that a university degree is a huge asset, not only for employment but for understanding the economic, social and political forces that shape the world around us. It is generally true (I note that entrepreneurs tend to be an exception) that the more education you have the better off you are - it is as simple as that.

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks for sharing.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I've learned not to take financial advice from a broke person.

The same rule applies to those JW's who gave me negative advice about pursuing a university degree. I did it anyway. And it opened a door to every job I've had and continues to provide a decent living (and career) for our family.

And those poor bas7@rds have aged beyond their years...

ginger

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If you think education is too expensive, you're free to choose ignorance!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Edumacation is not necessary...serving Watchtower is importanter

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ ADCMS

You make my day !!!!!!!!

You and OUTLAW should be arrested

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit