RIP Farkel, the account of Genesis and me

by suavojr 11 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

After learning about Farkel’s passing, I started reading some of his threads. I must admit, the man had a great dry sense of humor and knew how to speak his mind.

This thread in particular got me thinking last night…

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/6243/1/The-Tree-of-WHAT

Thinking more about Genesis and the great solution for mankind, based in Genesis 3:15.

Let’s say you never met your father, years pass and you find out who he is, what his name is, and the reason he left you. How would you feel if the reason he left you was to prove to your mom, you and your brothers that you all needed him? You can tell where I am going with this...

He wanted to make it clear, that he would not tolerate your mother’s infidelity, she decided to be better off without him and thus you must understand how ungrateful your mother was. You now have to carry the burden of her mistake.

Not all hope has been lost, all you need to do is put your trust and love in one of his son’s. You don’t know him yet, but he was a great son and a nice man. Unfortunately he was brutally murdered for you. You ask yousrself, For me?? now before you start feeling sorry for him, a few good things for you to know are that his mother was a clean and loyal woman, unlike your mother who simply was the worst of the scum. He died loving your father to the very end; he praised your father all the time and demonstrated 100% loyalty to him. He is his only and true begotten son and if you love him with all your heart and soul, this will prove to your father how sorry you feel because of your mother’s disloyalty.

Stop and think for a moment, at this point of your encounter with your father.

Can you truly love this man?

Was his decision to leave you sound and loving?

Did you really learn your lesson because of your mother’s mistake?

What about this bizarre story about getting to know a murdered son from another woman?

Do you think it will justify your father’s decision?

Now that your senses and emotions have been shaken, your father lets you know that he resurrected your murdered brother. You do not have to feel sorry for his son, simply love him and serve him for the rest of your life because he was killed for you to get close to your father.

What psychological evaluation would you give your father after hearing all this?

The answer is obvious but in the realm of faith and spiritually we have fallen victims to the biggest delusion ever. That a man had to die for us because our parents wanted to know what was good and what was EVIL, although they did not have the capability to distinguish between the two.

Long live the memory of Farkel and many other brave men and women who have stood up against dogma and fables.

RIP Farkel

• scotoma
    scotoma

Farke! I like to spell his name with an exclamation mark instead of an L.

Someone else posted a link to "His Story".

I was surprised that he still believed in some kind of Jehovah 16 years ago.

He was 2 years younger than me and I identified with his JW experience through the 1950's and 60's

I don't think Farkel would like the phrase Rest In Peace applied to his death.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Great thread Suavojr.. That one reason is why I am an agnostic. Wow! I never have actuually printed or stated tht before but it feels good. I AM AN AGNOSTIC! I dont have faith in unknown gods, and I cannot know or prove there are not entites outside our physical realm.. Admitting to mysely where I have landed on the Faith scale feels good..

• whathappened
    whathappened

He helped so many of us with his logical thinking. Thanks for recycling this one.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

What was Farkel's real name?

When did he die?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Yes BU2B, I am also AGNOSTIC! and this is the first time I express this in public. It feels great to be free and my mind will never can go back to sleep. Sorry WT GB :( sucks for you

• suavojr
    suavojr

His name was Doug Checketts

• Miss.Fit
  • scotoma
    scotoma

A couple people on this thread have said they are agnostic. Why not just say you are atheist.

God is usually defined as a person who has always existed, always will, knows everything, and has the power to do anything.

Are you afraid to say you don't believe in a Santa Claus who delivers presents or coal to children everywhere on christmas eve by means of a single sleigh and eight tiny flying reindeer? Yet the possibility of Santa is more likely than the existence of an entity that is called God that is omniscient and omnipotent and everlasting.

An agnostic is kind of like an unbaptized publisher. You have one more big step to take.

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

To be more accurate, "agnostic" is not the midpoint between belief and disbelief; that's just how it's taught to people by other people that don't really understand the terms in their current evolution.

"--gnostic" is a descriptor of beliefs

"---theist" is the type of belief.

So, you would be an "agnostic atheist" or "gnostic theist" or vice versa.

Lack belief in a creator? That's atheist. Not sure if one would ever show up or if something else could be proven? Agnostic. Therefore, that combo is an agnostic atheist. Which is what people in this thread were actually describing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit