How many changes since you have been out?

by done4good 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All of these changes are circumvented around the fact that WTS. has been propagating lies and bullshit to lure

followers and sell its published goods for decades.

14. Two versions of the WT.

This particular change makes that assertion true, the WTS. wants to hide its questions and answers from the open

publics eyes, they rather have curtailed indoctrinated ones to view its lies and BS.

• clarity
    clarity

- watchtowers now found in laundramats & libraries

with attached 'business' cards offering Free Bible Studies

free BS!

- new anti masturbation video for the Deaf!

- warnings to obey gb messages ..even if they

don't make sense!

clarity

• done4good
    done4good

All great examples everyone! Keep them coming...

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I left the JWs 30 years ago, so it may take me a few days to sort out all the changes since 1984. Also keep in mind that since Rutherford died in 1942 there have been a number of changes back to the "old light." For example the "superior authorities" being the earthly governments, which was Russell's belief.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

Wow! I left in 95. I had no idea about all of these changes. Un'freakin'believable!

• factfinder
    factfinder

No more mail subscriptions to the magazines

softcover books, very few books still hardcover

book production moved to expanded wallkill printery

Brooklyn presses shut down

US magazine production moved to Canada

Bible Teach only book offered door to door

No new books published for the public

Credit card donations solicited

in addition to what everyone already listed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "It is so exciting being a Witness, you never know what we will be believing next week!"

Seeing them all listed together really is quite jaw-dropping; it actually triggers a small measure of sympathy (fortunately, such moments pass quickly).

One good thing, though; it illustrates (sorry) just how poorly the WTS is adapting to the rapid-fire rate of change of the Information Age.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Gilead members are to be hand selected under the new arrangement for selection. Only by invitation. As of 2011 I think?

In a letter dated November 6, 2013, it was announced that a new school will replace the Bible School for Single Brothers (formerly known as the Ministerial Training School, or MTS) as well as the recently formed Bible School for Christian Couples. Single sisters are now welcome at this new training school called, “School for Kingdom Evangelizers.”

In addition to accepting single sisters for the first time, Watchtower is now welcoming older Witnesses after raising its age limit for applicants to 65. Those applying between the ages of 50 and 65 have been told that they must be self-sufficient (meaning they can provide for themselves) and in no need of financial or medical assistance from the organization.

Students of the new school must be prepared to be reassigned to new congregations after graduating.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

done4good:

I began my "fade" in early 2001, but kept in touch with what was going on by reading this board. It is just as well I did because the few JW friends I have left in the religion are very secretive and would NEVER reveal anything negative to me about the religion. The only thing they told me was the doing away with the home book-study.

One thing nobody else has mentioned was that the religion has brought in very many individuals with "serious" issues in recent years. I heard this through the grapevine. There are fewer and fewer responsible working people in the religion. It isn't like the old days.

What this means is that if I were still there, I'd be running from even more people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit