I feel sorry for just about everyone else.. even the elder's wife

by ohnightdivine 18 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

As a born in ex I can see how you would feel sorry for her but that pales in comparison the issues that would have been forced on an innocent child that would have been raised a jw.

Its for the best she didnt have any.

pbrow

• wasblind
    wasblind

" She's in her 40's and just realized and felt the emptiness of not having her own child "_____ohnightdivine

Now that I know TTATT, I woulda really gave her somethin' to wine about

All I'd have to do is repeat the lies told by the Watch Tower Society

Elders Wife: Boo Hoo Hoo, I'm lonely

Wuz : Aw hush now shuug. You ain't got time to raise a child

The end is so close

" He'll never graduate from highschool "

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Listening and being a non-judgemental friend is more important than giving her advise ohnightdivine. Just ask her simple questions about how she feels, what causes her to feel sad, and what makes her feel happy. The more you learn about her, the easy it will be to help her to search the internet for possible solutions.

If you know her email address, in a couple of months you could send her an anonymous email with a short note like "Is something really bothering you but you don't know why? Find how to bring balance to your life that you want by visiting www.freedomofmind.com (or get it off your chest by posting on www.jehovahs-witness.net)"

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You should've told her to go out in field service more.

I know that sounds like a cold response, but if you told her that you frequent an "evil apostate site" I bet she would've turned on a dime and reported you to her elder husband and you would've been called in the backroom before the week is over.

That's how they do

• designs
    designs

You were a good friend.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Wing, there's a strangeness with the kids of this generation, one mate will decide if they are going to have kids or not. If not for the normal accidents, I think the JW child population would be extremely low. If everyone followed the Watchtower's advice of "Not having kids" this religion would fade not nothing in fifty years, their population would drop off a cliff and end up like the Shakers (Final Member died in 1865?) a once vibrant religion in Early Pilgrim America.

• dozy
    dozy

There are a lot of JWs & their wives in that situation , having given up children "for the sake of the truth" then realising too late that Armageddon hasn't happened & they are stuck with a lifetime of childlessness. Some put a brave face on it ( talking about their "spiritual grandchildren etc" ) , others will confide of their regrets.

We had a pioneer couple in our congregation who belatedly in their late 30's tried to have kids & couldn't because of their age & went on a long & ultimately fruitless course of IVF. They became quite bitter. It's sad , really,

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I have a dear friend in this position. Her family line will die out with her and her siblings...they all followed the party line. She expressed the same feelings as the wife of the elder. She pioneered her whole adult life, and hated it, but did it because it was expected. She and her husband see themselves aging alone and it depresses them.

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

Geeze. Get away from these people. That woman needs to seek help. It's not your problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit