Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-16-2014 WT Study (MAKE SACRIFICES)

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well done, Blondie.

Now and then, and it seems to be alot lately, the need for money has been hinted so many times. I seriously beleive that in the next few years there is going to be a mandatory monetary requirement.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks Blondie :)

J.0.- I couldnt agree more. This was a Guilt tripping/do more WT. That is one of the signs of a cult "no matter what you do, it is never enough". In a cult you can NEVER measure up. That is true of the Moonies, Mormons, Scientologists, Christian Scientists, and of course.... JWs.

• Masterji
    Masterji

Bobcat

THE NEW CREATION book has the quote. Page 345

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Why is the Watchtower so fascinated with Ancient Israel’s examples of unfaithfulness? Does this mean they feel that Jehovah’s Witnesses have much to learn from their counterparts of old? Is this the type of Service Witnesses offer to God the Father? Instead of being emotionally motivated with great love to God and his Son Jesus Christ, they give God worthless offerings because of the way they treat their own people and the downtrodden of Society and Culture. JWs have no reverence for their Heavenly Father, it’s all a sham, that’s why the Watchtower misses these key points and focuses on the Jews, and they want Service, not Love or True Worship to God! By Malachi's Time, Israel is considered worse than a Whore because she give's away for free what a Whore would charge for, God was so sick of how Israel treated him, he was ready to cast them aside until Jesus Christ would come to Earth to show people how to worship God with truth, love and joy, not perfunctionary service! I heard Ravi Zacharias give this excellent talk.

http://www.rzim.org/let-my-people-think-broadcasts/the-foundation-of-contemporary-discipleship/

790 BC Jehovah likens Israel to a Whore who sells herself to anyone willing to take her, making God sad.

“795 BC Hosea’s Reconciliation with His Wife

Hosea 3: NIV (Israel was a Whore to Jehovah, she betrayed him and her worship and faithfulness was useless. They may have offered up money to Jehovah but he hated them for their harlotry!”

3 The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.”

2 So I bought her for fifteen shekels[a] of silver and about a homer and a lethek[b] of barley. 3 Then I told her, “You are to live with me many days; you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I will behave the same way toward you.”

4 For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or household gods. 5 Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the Lord and to his blessings in the last days.

Footnotes:

Hosea 3:2 That is, about 6 ounces or about 170 grams

Hosea 3:2 A homer and a lethek possibly weighed about 430 pounds or about 195 kilograms

530 BC?

Ezk:8-12 Examples of Worthless Service, Fake Service with a Gross Lack of Love for the Poor, DownTrodden, Elderly, Sick and Infirm.

“2 He said to me, “Son of man, have you seen what the elders of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say, ‘The Lord does not see us; the Lord has forsaken the land.’” 13 Again, he said, “You will see them doing things that are even more detestable.”

14 Then he brought me to the entrance of the north gate of the house of the Lord, and I saw women sitting there, mourning the god Tammuz. 15 He said to me, “Do you see this, son of man? You will see things that are even more detestable than this.”

16 He then brought me into the inner court of the house of the Lord, and there at the entrance to the temple, between the portico and the altar, were about twenty-five men. With their backs toward the temple of the Lord and their faces toward the east, they were bowing down to the sun in the east.

17 He said to me, “Have you seen this, son of man? Is it a trivial matter for the people of Judah to do the detestable things they are doing here? Must they also fill the land with violence and continually arouse my anger? Look at them putting the branch to their nose! 18 Therefore I will deal with them in anger; I will not look on them with pity or spare them. Although they shout in my ears, I will not listen to them.”

Ezekiel 13: 8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because of your false words and lying visions, I am against you, declares the Sovereign Lord. 9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.

10 “‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, 11 therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. 12 When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?”

13 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury. 14 I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it[b] falls, you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the Lord. 15 So I will pour out my wrath against the wall and against those who covered it with whitewash. I will say to you, “The wall is gone and so are those who whitewashed it, 16 those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign Lord.”’

17 “Now, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who prophesy out of their own imagination. Prophesy against them 18 and say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to the women who sew magic charms on all their wrists and make veils of various lengths for their heads in order to ensnare people. Will you ensnare the lives of my people but preserve your own? 19 You have profaned me among my people for a few handfuls of barley and scraps of bread. By lying to my people, who listen to lies, you have killed those who should not have died and have spared those who should not live.

20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds. 21 I will tear off your veils and save my people from your hands, and they will no longer fall prey to your power. Then you will know that I am the Lord. 22 Because you disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives, 23 therefore you will no longer see false visions or practice divination. I will save my people from your hands. And then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

450 BC? Malachi “Breaking Covenant Through Blemished Sacrifices

Malachi 1:

6 “A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty.

“It is you priests who show contempt for my name.

“But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

7 “By offering defiled food on my altar.

“But you ask, ‘How have we defiled you?’

“By saying that the Lord’s table is contemptible. 8 When you offer blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?” says the Lord Almighty.

9 “Now plead with God to be gracious to us. With such offerings from your hands, will he accept you?”—says the Lord Almighty.

10 “Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the Lord Almighty, “and I will accept no offering from your hands. 11 My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations,” says the Lord Almighty.

12 “But you profane it by saying, ‘The Lord’s table is defiled,’ and, ‘Its food is contemptible.’ 13 And you say, ‘What a burden!’ and you sniff at it contemptuously,” says the Lord Almighty.

“When you bring injured, lame or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands?” says the Lord. 14 “Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king,” says the Lord Almighty, “and my name is to be feared among the nations.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Masterji:

Thanks for the reference!

Take Care

• heathen
    heathen

they may as well start with a collection plate if they are going to use guilt trips for more money , a corporation that brings in a billion dollars a year is not hurting for money , they compare themselves to the ancient israelites just like the MS religions do expecting 10 per cent . The first church only ran a charity for widows and orphans as the mortality rate was hight from the persecution , I remember the apostle John said to look after them > Jesus did tell the LF to sell everything they ownded and give gifts of mercy to the poor . This religion could not be expanding that fast since 7 million seems to be the number for the last decade and why would you build a church somewhere you know it's going to get burned down anyway? There just doesn't seem to be scriptural support for building churches , if people sold all they owned then they wouldn't even have property . Yet another rag not worth the time or effort printing , proof that they are wasting what they get anyway .

• SAHS
    SAHS

I made a comment on paragraph five that according to Jehovah’s law, an animal sacrifice was supposed to involve the shedding of blood, but Jehovah was not rigid in the application of that law. I said that there were other kinds of sacrifices which poor people could voluntarily offer, such as birds, and there was even a grain offering and a drink offering which people could offer. I said that this had to do with mercy, and that Jesus said at Matthew 9:13 and Matthew 12:7 to ‘go and see what it means, I want mercy and not sacrifice.’

I was hoping that people would make the connection between mercy versus rigidity in the application of a law regarding blood and the WTS’ own unique and most rigid, unmerciful – and unloving – policy regarding blood pertaining to lifesaving blood transfusions. Although, as usual, I would not expect, really, any of the folks there at that WT study to actually think outside of the WTS box and make any such connection.

Afterward I wished that I had also referred to the account about the man with a withered hand at Matthew 12:10-12: “. . . a man was there with a withered hand, and they asked him, ‘Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?’ so that they might accuse him. He said to them, ‘Suppose one of you has only one sheep and it falls into a pit on the sabbath; will you not lay hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a human being than a sheep! So it is lawful to do good on the sabbath.’ ” (NRSV) I would have then reiterated the comparison of Jesus’ loving exception to the Sabbath law with the logical and loving exception which naturally should be applied to the law about eating blood. All well. It’s frustrating when I think of all these additional thoughts which I wished I had added to my comments at the Kingdom Hall. (Maybe I should pray for more holy spirit to bring more of these thoughts to mind for when I get my hands on that microphone.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit