If Jesus is Michael, then why would he be afraid of Satan?

by Pronger1 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pronger1
    Pronger1

Jude 1:9 shows that Michael didn't dare rebuke Satan. If Jesus is Michael, then why would he be afraid to do so? In Matthew and Mark it clearly shows that the demons were afraid of Jesus.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Probably because the bible was written by man. So many contradictions, at least to me... Another reason I no longer trust the bible. I am sure there is a better explanation then mine tho..

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Cause Michael and Jesus are not the same being.

• reslight2
    reslight2

There is nothing in the Bible that says that Michael was afraid of Satan.

But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, disputed about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a reviling [Greek, Blasphemia, blasphemy] judgment [Greek, krisis] upon him, but said, “[Yahweh] rebuke you.” — Revised Standard Version.

But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the devil and arguing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him an abusive condemnation, but said, “May [Yahweh] rebuke you!” — World English Bible translation

But Michael the archangel, when contending with the Devil, he argued about the body of Moses; he dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy, but said, “Let [Yahweh] rebuke you!” — Literal Translation of the Bible, Jay Green.

http://jesus.rlbible.com/?p=2966#jude1-9

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It doesn't seem to me that this restraint was based out of fear. It sounds more of a respect thing

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

This is one of the WT doctrines, that is on again, off again.

Most WT doctrines have fluxuated, or completly reversed over the

years. So much for enduring truth. The idea that these concepts

can be changed or prophesies made that don't happen, shows the

diabolical and dishonest nature of the governing body and its supporters.

The idea that Jesus was an angel would be repugnant to most

JW's of thirty years ago. He was always described as the "firstborn

of all creation" Standing in an unapproachable light, higher than any angel.

Then they demoted him to a second class citizen, a recyled angel, who changed

his name. A Gabriel, with benefits.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, because the Book of Jude is an obvious forgery, and Jude- whoever he was- was quoting from a lost apocryphal document when he referred to Moses. It's basically complete nonsense.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I would think the "arguing over Moses' body" would be a bigger question that the very clearly worded "he did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, 'The Lord rebuke you!'"

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Ooophs, I don't believe Micheal is Jesus Christ, it's pure speculation on the WTS part, so I erase my post and shut up. I don't think Micheal had any fear of Satan, he was demonstrating great humility and waited for God the Father or his Son Jesus Christ to rebuke the horrible Devil! Sorry I missed your question, no proof Jesus was Micheal unless we use their verse "Will call out like a Arch Angel" but still how do we know YHWH does not have more than one General or Arch Angel?

• reslight2
    reslight2

I am not with the JWs, but the belief that Jesus is Michael is not of itself a WT doctrine. Practically all of the Protestant reformers believed that Jesus is Michael.

I have present most of the reasons that I believe Jesus is Michael on my website.

http://jesus.rlbible.com/?page_id=5295

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit