WooHoo - I got the job, time to leave the borg

by Leander 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

My current job is due to be phased out within the next few weeks and I had been reluctant to make my announcement until I secured a new position. I figured just in case my wife went beserk and left I would'nt want to be stuck looking for a job and carrying all the bills.

Anyway I went on an interview yesterday within the company and this morning I got the call that if I wanted the job it was mine, so naturally I accepted without hesitation. So now my next step is to get a second car within the next few days, that way I won't be stuck at the house when my wife is at the meetings or field service.

I'm kinda excited about being able to finally get a part of my life back. I'm just trying to figure out should I write a letter stating that I'm stepping down as a servant or should I do it in person. hmmmm decisions

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

That deserves 2 WOO-HOO's!

WOO-HOO, WOO-HOO!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Ahhhh but what sweet decisions. :)

And kinda excited? This is a huge step towards breathing clean air. Congrats Leander.

hugs,
    Mimilly

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Congrats, Leander!

One more step toward Total Freedom!

Regards,

Ajax

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

congrats leander! :)

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Good for you, Leander. New job, new life!

• Leander
    Leander

I was tempted to tell my wife and the elders I was leaving earlier than I had initially planned but I'm glad that I waited. Its gonna be such a pleasure to not have to worry about dragging myself to to the hall on days that I'm dog tired. No more getting up in the morning for field service, for once in my life I can actually wake up when I want to.

ahhh how sweet it is

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Glad to see you're leaving via the "slow-fade" route.

I da'd 2 days after I started looking at stuff on the internet, and have kind of regretted doing it so fast. Not that I miss the borg in any way, but the WT withdrawal can be a little rough some days. It's getting better every day, though.

Take care, and be strong!

• Tammie
    Tammie

That is great. I'm glad every thing is working out for you. I think the letter idea would be good. That was how I did it. Then when they came to talk to me, they had to come to my "turf" home. Just a thought you might like to put up a little money, that your wife does not know about. That way if she flips out, you won't be left high and dry.

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((LEANDER))))))))))))

Can't wait to hear how you decide to go!!!!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit