6000 years of human rule??...HAHAHA.

by refiners fire 17 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

God.
    Listen,I want you to explain about the chicken.
    Numbers 11.

Now the Israelites are wandering in the desert for 40 years and they are "murmuring" because theyre TIRED of eating manna.
    Hell, 40 years of picking up powder and baking bread out of it, I'd be bloody tired of it as well!!
    I used to go camping in the woods, and after 3 days I was fanging out for some Red Rooster.
    So the people are complaining saying:
    "Oh, if only I could have some of the Kentucky fried that we ate in Egypt".
    So what do You do?
    Over react of course.

"YOULL HAVE CHICKEN, NOT ONE DAY, NOT TWO DAYS BUT UNTIL IT MAKES YOU PUKE!!".

So God sends the chicken.
    And the people are eating away, and God sends a PLAGUE on them that smites them DEAD while their Gobs are still stuffed with the Kentucky Fried.
    All those dead bodies with mouths wide open full of half masticated chicken.
    I mean, you could have at least let then EAT it first!

Not very nice of you there God.

• aChristian
    aChristian

F2J,

Obviously no one can say for sure exactly what God meant. But I'll take a guess.

I suspect that God thought that, if He allowed His people to copy the religious building practices of their pagan neighbors, they might then begin copying other religious practices of those same pagan neighbors. Such as burning their children in sacrifice to Him. Or forcing their young men and women to work as temple prostitutes to raise money for Him. Or who knows what else? If God's people wanted to be like their pagan neighbors so badly, that they were willing to go to all the trouble of building a copy of one of their giant ziggurat temple towers, who knows what things they might have collectively done in an effort to be like their pagan neighbors? For them, as God watched them building that tower, anything seemed possible.

• Prisca
    Prisca

What is a Ziggurat?

Here 'tis:

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>To see that the JW and Christian "fundamentalist" interpretations of the events which transpired at the Tower of Babel must be incorrect, all their advocates have to do is count the mud brick ziggurats in Mesopotamia. Any number that exceeds one kills their interpretation. <

>Then it is said that God confounded them, and off they went in all directions muttering Aztec, Mandarin, Swahili, and the like. They crossed oceans and reached far distant continents and changed their skin colors along the way. <

ROTFLMAO

aChristian: I LOVE YOU!!!!!

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

numbers 12.

"Miriam and AAron began to speak out against Moses because of the Cushite wife he had taken'

Fair enough. They werent allowed to intermix.

God says to miriam and Aaron, "get you to the tent of meeting".
    So they go.
    God says: "Why then did you not fear to speak out against Moses"?

Far as Gods concerned, Moses can do what he likes, cause hes the appointed leader. Rules are for everyone else.

So God smites Miriam with leprosy.
    So bad that shes "white as snow".
    Aaron gets off scott free.
    Why? because hes the appointed leader of the priesthood.

Not a very fair application of the rules there God!

• puzzled
    puzzled
    I mean, you could have at least let then EAT it first!

LMAO! wiping the tear from my eye so I can keep reading.

Good read. Rant away!

plum

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

Numbers 16 verse 20:
    The sin of Korah.

"Jehovah now spoke to Moses and Aaron saying,'Seperate yourselves from the midst of this assembly that I might exterminate them in an instant'.
    At this they fell upon their faces and said,'Oh God...will just one man sin and you become indignant against the entire assembly?"

Good question.

• SYN
    SYN

SWEEEEET! I love Biblical Complaint Threads!

Yeah, that Old Testament dude called "God" sure was VIOLENT. Judging by the descriptions of him to be found by anyone with an Old Testament-equipped Bible, he seemed like a very moody "guy". (God is a man, apparently. This, even though he has no physical presence as such, and thus technically cannot have any of the identifying characteristics of a MAN!)

It must have sucked being an Isrealite. I mean, wandering around in a desert for 40 years (back then, that was a whole lifetime) and eating MANNA? Sheesh, I would've rebelled in a week, let alone 40 years...heck, I would have trekked to the coast of the Red Sea & done some fishing, damnit!

Well, thank "God" Jesus didn't violently kill anyone who slightly displeased him or, say, tried to prevent his Ark from falling over. YEESH. This guy sounds like one of those Mafia bosses who cuts off one of your fingers every time you make a mistake or stuff up, only much, much worse. I think our modern-day LA Gang Lords could take some serious tips from the Old Testament God.

Really, I'm cool with people who follow the teachings of Jesus. In fact, I'm willing to go so far as to say that the world would be a better place if more people rigourously applied his teachings. Whether he actually existed or not, that doesn't matter. But "GOD"!!! He's a psycho, man! Lordie!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit