"Benefits of a Bethel Vacation"-NOT!

by Nikita 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Nikita
    Nikita

http://www.bethelcoachtours.com/3waystosave.htm

The Best Vacation on Earth
    The best vacation on earth for Jehovah's Witnesses is one that includes a Bethel visit. Seeing how happy everyone is at Bethel as they work hard for Jehovah and for others allows visitors to personally see with their own eyes and feel with their own heart what life in the truth can be like for all of us. It will encourage you to focus not only on your own congregation, but on what Jehovah is doing world wide through his faithful earthly and heavenly organization. We have seen first hand what a visit to bethel can do. The tours the Bethel brothers arrange for visitors have the potential to change for the better your view of Jehovah, the organization, and your own congregation forever
    [8>]
    Nikita
  • TR
    TR

This would be like visiting an internment camp.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• mouthy
    mouthy

Please sign me up for that Wonderful holiday???? NOT!!!
    Been there done that!!!!it 'aint: what it is cracked up to be-

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Are visitors handed 'trick' glasses while touring bethel?

Guest 77

• D8TA
    D8TA

Uh....yah.

I kind see this in a funny way:

Sister Rankinfile: Oh Jannie, we are going to Bethel/Bethel Branch for our summer vacation!

Jannie Rankinfile: But moooom, you said we are going to Disneyland!

Sister Rankinfile: Now Jannie, why do you want to hurt Jehovah by saying that? Don't you want to see how Jehovah's "little helpers" work at the printing presses?

Jannie: No, I wan't to see Mickey Mouse.

Sister Rankinfile: Jannie, believe me, I know better. That sunny weather in California or Florida is not as much fun as riding in a tour bus. Or those rides and silly characters walking around Disneyland are in no way more entertaining then watching those hard working brothers and sisters putting paper in machines.

Or how ...about...uh....

Screw it Jannie, you're right, we ARE going to Disneyland.

D8TA

• r51785
    r51785

The website goes on to say:

You will adopt the attitude of your bethel guide and the bethel workers you see on your tours and you will take that attitude back home to your local congregation.
    If this is the case than there should be a considerable amount of "BA" making it's way back to the local congregation!

Actually when I was a teenager, I found that visiting Bethel was the cure for wanting to serve there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit