CALLING ALL JWS THAT COME TO THIS BOARD

by MarchOn 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm happy that many active JWs come and lurk as well as voice their opinions. I'm neither afraid of them or anyone hear whatever their mindset is. My guess is that the diversity hear is sufficient testimony to what the Dubs lack in their "slavery" Jonadab thinking, or I should say lack of thinking.

Don't try to scare them away. Welcome them, unless you can't handle their impecible logic!

carmel

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

The young JW I know (age 15, and my daughter's boyfriend) is extremely angry at me for reading this site. He seems very angry at me for doing research on JWs at all. He says everyone on this site is a fake. I know he has seen bits and pieces of it, but it is too critical and extreme for him. He seems to be getting more brainwashed than less...which seems kind of odd for a teenager who is living a double life. I find it all really scary.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Concerned mama, tell the young dude that 'fakes' are be exposed on this site, and if he wants to test it out, let him try some of his verbal gymnastics here and see where it will land him! Put that in his pipe and let him smoke it.

Guest 77

• Gozz
    Gozz

Here...

1. Are you allowed as JWS to visit boards like these or is a matter of conscience?

No, No.

2.Do you tell your fellow brothers and sisters that you come to this board?

A brother knows. And a sister too. But then when a sister knows, then everyone knows too...

3.Do you count your time preaching on this board as service hours and if so, do you let them know where those hours came from? And do you count reading what other people post as service time too?

Sometimes. Well, frankly, Yes. Anytime spent talking about JW or religion counts now; whether pro or anti, but to a maximum of four hours. It's like when pioneers go for volunteer service other than preaching, you know, like doing cleaning and all that, they can count some hours, can't they?

4.Do you feel this is a good place to get your spiritual food and that coming here is bringing you closer to Jehovah and his organization?

Spiritual food? Nothting like it. Spiritual food... Manna was the closest thing to spiritual food, so I don't get it from here, or anywhere alse; not at the meetings too... Closer to Jehovah... if that means peace, and Christian freedom, yes, I have more of it now. And, I don't call God Jehovah again, at least not willingly. Jesus didn't call him that, why should little me here be presumptuous...

5.Do you think that you may plant something in someones head that will change their mind about the organization, perhaps something they have not heard a billion times before when they were in the organization?

Yes yes yes yes. I am.

6.Have you ever considered that if the people here wanted to hear what you have to say, ummm they would ask one of you? You know, "don't call me, I'll call you". Trust me when I tell you, we could all find a JW pretty much anytime, whether we want to or not.

They always want to hear. Don't you see what happens when You Know, or Fred starts a thread? Flames everywhere. That's what JW 's about...

7.Last but not least,have any of you tossed around the idea that you just might be brain washed?

Yeah. JWs are probably collectively being brainwashed. But me?

• Prisca
    Prisca
    It's like when pioneers go for volunteer service other than preaching, you know, like doing cleaning and all that, they can count some hours, can't they?

Since when?

• Sirona
    Sirona

1. Are you allowed as JWS to visit boards like these or is a matter of conscience?
    Let me just get my watchtowers out that deal with apostacy. Oh S**T actually I shouldn't even be conversing with you people.
    Oh and my conscience works very nicely...when I have a problem, I just pick up my watchtower index and find the relevant article.

2.Do you tell your fellow brothers and sisters that you come to this board? The word "Fellow" is pagan and shouldn't be used. Shame on you!

3.Do you count your time preaching on this board as service hours and if so, do you let them know where those hours came from? And do you count reading what other people post as service time too?
    YES! Its all service to Jehovah...in fact, I count the time it takes me to boot up, dial up, log on and browse. Typing time is doubled because I figure I'm putting more effort in than actually speaking.

4.Do you feel this is a good place to get your spiritual food and that coming here is bringing you closer to Jehovah and his organization? There is no spiritual food around here, its like eating burgers when I got steak at home.

5.Do you think that you may plant something in someones head that will change their mind about the organization, perhaps something they have not heard a billion times before when they were in the organization? Actually, I've been thinking that maybe the chip in spike's head on buffy the vampire slayer is a good idea. It could be programmed to give a shock to all you disgusting apostates if you dare to speak against the blessed brethren.

6.Have you ever considered that if the people here wanted to hear what you have to say, ummm they would ask one of you? You know, "don't call me, I'll call you". Trust me when I tell you, we could all find a JW pretty much anytime, whether we want to or not.

People who think, ask. (hint)

7.Last but not least,have any of you tossed around the idea that you just might be brain washed?

my brain is clean and undefiled, so in a sense it is washed.

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

"What are we going to tell your husband in the resurrection when he asks why you aren't there in the New System".

I would like to know just exactly HOW MANY JWs are actually saying shit like this?
    When did they switch over from believing that ONLY ONE SPOUSE was nessessary for BOTH to make it? Because they ARE ONE! Married people ARE ONE...countem 1 ONE

Love is one of life's mysteries, like lightning, it never strikes. For others, like lightning, it strikes several times. So wear a rubber crash helmet
  • MarchOn
    MarchOn

Sirona,
    LOL- YOUR GOOD!!!

• Matty
    Matty

Prisca, your query - yes, this is a real bone of contention within my circle of JW “friends”. Amongst brothers and sisters on regional building teams, there are a lot of Pioneers – and it seems that a great deal of them seem to spend a lot of their time doing maintenance on Kingdom Halls and participating in Quick Builds.

I don’t know whether it’s a global thing, or maybe its just in London, where the need is particularly great, – but if a pioneer’s work was “taking them away from their ministry”, they would be allowed to count their time.

However, they are not allowed to count ALL the time they are participating in these kinds of activities, Pioneers are only allowed to count the hours “they would have done on that day”.

I’ve heard brothers and sisters murmur that some of these “Pioneers” are virtually inactive!

• Imbue
    Imbue

PML, Married persons being ONE is symbolic!!!! I never heard of JWs believing their spouses would make it into the "new system" on their behalf. Actually many JW are waiting for Armageddon to rid themselves of an undesirable mate...LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit