Stupid or Smart move by Watchtower?

by Beans 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beans
    Beans

Do you think it was Stupid or Smart for the Watchtower to call Brother Bowen and the others in before this scandal goes very public. This Theocratic Warfare I believe was a stupid move if you look at the situation from a JW perspective.

Beans

http://www.Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/

• JeffT
    JeffT

Stupid.

It will have the immediate effect they want, i.e. they can tell the flock not to watch the show because it features apostates. But it will work against them big time with the rest of the world. The last thing Stone Phillips or whomever says is going to be something like "everyone who appeared tonight is udnergoing church discipline."

• freeman
    freeman

My vote is that it was a very stupid move for several reasons.

1. By summoning Bill Bowen and company before these tribunals the Watchtower has shown to the public some of its more darker and sinister side, something unknown to the general public at large.

Protecting pedophiles and persecuting those trying to protect children will be seen as a much worse offence then the mildly irritating proselytizing or wacky beliefs they are commonly known for.

2. They have magnified the publicity this case will receive both now and when Dateline airs.

3. They have absolutely guaranteed that this program will air, something that was at one time in question.

4. By prosecuting or more correctly persecuting these child-abuse whistle-blowers, the Watchtower has now in effect raised these whistle-blowers to hero status, and rightfully so.

How wonderful, how brilliant; whoever is advising them on what to do must be one of us! I love it, it just gets better and better!

Freeman

• Matty
    Matty

Kinda agree with everyone here - stupid for everyone other than the JW R&F - smart for the hardcore "speak to the hand" Jehovahs Witness. Do you get the impression that there is a definite siege mentality at work here? We have to remember that the more the Witnesses are attacked and abused, the happier they are!

Please bear in mind I am still an active albeit reluctant witness, so I am still in the thick of it!!

• Will Power
    Will Power

Matty
    my condolences

• Beans
    Beans

We have to remember that the more the Witnesses are attacked and abused, the happier they are!

Oh yeah, I remember the big smile on my Dad`s face when I was a kid, there was something about this in an article and his response was that ANYTHING is a witness and he had a JW internal orgasm!

Beans

• Matty
    Matty

Will, thank you - please pray for my release.

Beans, I have heard some witnesses say "There is no such thing as bad publicity - it gets people thinking - and if they have God's spirit they will be drawn to his organization"

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    "There is no such thing as bad publicity - it gets people thinking - and if they have God's spirit they will be drawn to his organization"

LOL at that statement!

The only ones who will be "drawn" are the pedophiles who didn't know they had a safe haven there.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have to agree with everyone here. Bad PR move on the WTBTS legal department. Makes you wonder what the GB lawyers have for IQ's. I also agree that it won't make a big difference for the average Dub. It will just reinforce their persecution complex toward the end of these "last days".

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• outnfree
    outnfree

I guess the AP article running on CNN answered that question! LOLOLOLOLOL

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit