Help me Plz (teen issues)

by Demokan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do you want to cancel without feeling guilty? People might try and make you feel guilty anyways. You sort of have to steel yourself to stick to your original plan and people will quickly forget about you.

http://www.taleswithmorals.com/aesop-fable-the-man-the-boy-and-the-donkey.htm

• Demokan
    Demokan

Yeah it's the BDD that anneB said, I really cant do anything right now and I feel pressured because I been visited and all that stuff, I got visited by the elders. I really can't be in public with all those normal looking people, im the only one that feels like an alien.

Edit: sorry for the late reply, I havent been on here for a while.

Fermando thanks for those helpful suggestions but I am not in school currently. Home schooling...

chaching, elders/concerned ppl. And I don't want to disclose any identifying marks, I bet there are undercover people on here. TBH I came here vs Yahoo answers because generally people say realy rude stuff to me on there, and being ex-jws/jws? I find you guys able to relate to me and also more nice. I have history with suicide attempts and stuff just to say that, and I can't really deal with this stress of feeling like I have to push myself I can't do it right now and I need some time away. (I sound so self-centered I know, but I can shake the feeling that I'm an alien life-form. I already have a suicide plan too) and I'm not an attention seeker, people on yahoo say that.... I just want some advice.

• caroline77
    caroline77

You don't sound self centered to me. The teenage years are awful for those of us who have a sensitive nature. I hope you will feel better soon.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Demokan,

Many years ago my life was messed up and I really needed some certainty, some structure. I got involved with the JW's and turned my thinking mind off in exchange for that certainty and structure. As hard as it might be, I encourage you to make a plan to get out. Seek something better. You will find lots of support here on your journey. Keep posting...

• Demokan
    Demokan

Today is the day of, and I am so nervous to cancel it.. but gonna anyways. Thanks people, & Fadetoblack I will definately keep posting here :) I joined in 2013 but became inactive shortly after introducing myself... WAIT ONE MORE QUESION WHAT HAPPENS IF I CANCEL THE DAY OF? OMG~! WILL I GET IN TROUBLE? I CANT DEAL

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

My daughter went through issues related to BDD just over a year ago. CBT therapy has helped her and she is doing much better now. PM me if you would like to talk further.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

WAIT ONE MORE QUESION WHAT HAPPENS IF I CANCEL THE DAY OF? OMG~! WILL I GET IN TROUBLE? I CANT DEAL

What's the worst they can do? Lecture you, pressure you, apply guilt? I'll tell you a secret from my teen years -- I've never admitted to it before. When I was getting yelled at, given guilt and grief, I stared at the other person's nose and thought about how ugly they look when they are lecturing, and said things to myself like, "lecture all you want, you can't really tell what I'm thinking, you stupid jerk." I couldn't be overtly rebellious at the time, but I could think my own thoughts. Eventually they give up yelling and go do something else, especially if you just keep staring and don't answer.

I'm more concerned about your suicide thoughts and feeling like an alien. Please consider just going to the emergency room if those thoughts get too strong.

• Demokan
    Demokan

OMG hortensia, your so baaaad jk.

I'm more concerned about your suicide thoughts and feeling like an alien. Please consider just going to the emergency room if those thoughts get too strong.

The social workers are already on my case calling me everyday, and I'm getting therapy and a whole bunch of other stuff. But it only ussually is in the heat of the moment when I get suicidal. I haven't been at the meeting or had any social involvement for 2 months so I'm fine... I think.

Also thanks for the concern everybody it means lots, I should go here for advice rather than Y!A LOL.

Edit: I cancelled it, surprisingly he didn't ask why he just said OK. And then asked me if I would be at the meeting next week and I said

"Idk".

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Demokan wrote: I cancelled it, surprisingly he didn't ask why he just said OK. And then asked me if I would be at the meeting next week and I said "Idk".

Easy Peasy. Next assignment, cancel as soon as you learn about it. Tell the school overseer that you are "just not ready to give talks".

Repeat as needed.

In the meantime, focus on studies. Maybe try to find a job. Learning, developing thinking skills, earning your own money all help to boost your sense of self and will help you separate from the JWs and get on with your own life. Talk to your counselor/therapist about how to find job placement assistance.

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

-Aude.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Hi, Democan

I just wanted to pop in to see how everything was going for you.

How did your mom feel about you canceling your talk?

Maybe it would be helpful to focus on your physical health. Tell mom once you get healthy you can concentrate on other matters.

Take care. Remember you are not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit