Is there a search bar for jw.org??

by mauiboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

I registered as a user (under an alias of course) but can't find a search bar anywhere on the site......I'm not a tech-savvy person, but usually can find what I need. Am I over looking something?? I will repost this question under the post "counteract jw.org August 2014 campaign" Participating in that idea was what prompted me to open an account on the jw site in the 1st place. Other than that the whole thing makes me want to puke.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

There's a search button on the blue bar at the top of each page right next to active topics.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I have been looking for the search feature also, but haven't found it either.

I went to the online library, since I was pretty sure that there was a search feature there... The daily text came up. Revelation 14:7 "The hour of the judgment by (God) has arrived."

OMJ! Talk about fear tactics to enforce obedience. Stand firm in your faith, brothers!

I agree they should make it easier to search their site, since the last JW who came to my door told me I could search ANY question and get the answer!

I think they want to make you hunt through the different topics, and be "led" where they want you to go... Just the same way I felt when we were doing our Bible study. I keep finding the most interesting information on their site... they pose their own questions, and come up with the most rewarding answers. I didn't know Truth could be so fascinating and adaptable to any situation.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Did you gain access to more information or features, by registering?

• emeth
    emeth

registering is only for those who need access on behalf of congregations. In that case you get more abilities

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

jw.org, not this site :-)

try searching google with

site:jw.org your search terms

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Also found that the online library seems to have a search field

http://wol.jw.org/

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

This will be a good question to ask the JW at your door, when they come advertising the blessed website in August.

How do I search for these answers? I will go to the site, and have them show me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit