Is it just me?

by mommy 14 Replies latest social physical

• alias
    alias

Wendy,
    I add my voice to the others. I was very much like you. For a time I wouldn't even go see PG-13 movies or listen to certain types of music.
    "Apostate literature" was anything with a viewpoint other than the WTBTS books and magazines.

Nope, it's not just you. :)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Trevor, the assemblies are down to one day now? Yikes! I can remember when I was very small, going to assemblies in New York City. They were 7 to 10 days long then. Sessions went from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. except on Sunday, when the sessions ended at 5 or 6 p.m.

I dreaded those things. I was 7 years old and had to sit for 12 hours listening to the damn talks, with only a 1-hour break for lunch and another for supper.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I think the JW college enrollment is pretty much like the rest of the world. Parents who go to college usually have children who go to college. I live in the Washington D.C. area and I would say 70% of the congregation have college degress. The KH parking lot reflect the income level of the congregation. There are about 20 Mercedes Benz, 10 Lexus', quite a few Acuras and the rest are new model sport utility vehicles.

The majority of the young adults in this congregation are attending college. I would honestly say the number is about 80%, but more like 90% have some type of secondary education. This was something that really impressed me when I moved to the congregation in 1995. I really thought this was the nirvana of KHs. Which I can say is a great congregation (they actually have lives). I remember going out in field service and we would actually talk about careers, taking classes, finding jobs that would allow you to aux. pioneer.

But I will end with telling you, that this congregation is definitely not the norm. I have attended four different congregation in 3 different states, and you can definitely say it is an exception to the rule.

Happy to be Free (Me)

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

I just wanted to mention that I'm not here to 'flaunt' any rules so to speak. This site is an "Online meeting area for brothers & sisters," as it says at the top. So that's what I'm doing. If I was going to be rebellious or show off somehow, there's quite a few other things that I'd do first, trust me. Coming to a website of any kind isn't on the list.lol

• mommy
    mommy

DLJ,
    I appreciate your comments. I can tell you are a very happy well rounded person
    My point is lost on you, but the others have seen it, so it is ok
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit