This made my day...

by LivingTheDream 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Brock, I've been reading ALL your Bethel-stories today here on JWN... It's such an eye opener. Thanks to Ray Franz I already knew that the whole 'Bethel'-thing is a fairytale and nothing like what most JW's think it is, but all the things you've shared here...wow! Thank you for all the effort you've put into writing it down and I'm definitely going to buy your book!

Your stories reminded me of a brother who also lived at Bethel Brooklyn. He came on holiday to the Netherlands once, in april 1986. I can recall the exact month, since I was just baptized that year in february and auxiliary pioneering for the first time... and I had a boyfriend in our congregation who was so terribly jealous, because I had a nice chat with that brother from America... He invited me to visit Bethel Brooklyn and I really wanted to and the boyfriend nearly freaked out only by the thought of me going to America!

I never visited Bethel, not in Holland, not in Amerika. And reading your stories and the experiences of others here on JWN I'm actually glad I never did.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

add: before you ask: I got rid of the boyfriend within two weeks after that...

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

It would be great if you wrote another book Brock

HOTB

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I just finished it. Well done good and faithful slave. Seriously if you haven't read this book please do so. It is a must have anonymous gift for any young brother thinking about bethel service.

• rip van winkle
  • LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Bruja-del-sol - You are welcome. Thanks for your kind words.

You probably figured out by now from reading my stories that Bethel guys loved it if they could get anybody to visit them, especially if it were an attractive sister.

I gather that you must have been a looker to have that Bethelite ask you to come visit him and for your boyfriend to get so jealous...

Brock

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Happy Outside the Box -

Did you know that your Amazon.com review of Journey to God's House has been voted the most helpful of all reviews of it so far?

It was one of the first reviews of my book, and by other people's say so, one of the best reviews too.

---

So, I was thinking about this and decided that this is what I'm going to do:

If and when I complete my second book, upon the date of its release, whoever has a review of my first book "Journey to God's House" that has been voted by everyone on Amazon as the "most helpful", they will get a signed copy of my new book. Heck, I'll send them a signed copy of the first book too for good measure.

I'll contact them somehow, possibly through Facebook or JWN and sign and send them the books with my hearfelt thanks written on the title page. Keep in mind, I am VERY SLOW at writing, so this could take some time for me to complete a second book. But I'm working on it...

So far, you're in the lead...

Brock Talon

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

SkinnedSheep,

In my haste to post on my Facebook page my above offer of free books, I neglected to thank you for your endorsement. So, thanks!

Hey, maybe you can say the same things on Amazon.com and end up with signed copies?

Your faithful slave... Brock Talon

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Haha, my husband thinks I was a looker at that time (he was my boyfriend in 1985, but as a non-JW he got his butt kicked by my dad)... I even received a postcard from that Bethelite not long after he returned to Brooklyn, he was really serious in trying to get me over, but shortly after that I met my first husband (son of an elder in a congregation nearby)... so, well, before I new it I was married (within a year) and shortly after pregnant. Yeah yeah, so much for the life of a JW-girl... destined to be a mother, wife and preferably auxiliary pioneer... pffff

Soooo glad I'm out and back with my first and true love!

When you write a second book I'll be sure to buy that one too, you've got a great style of story telling!

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Bruja-del-Sol,

In the new book, I'm going to write about my life as a child and young person before my Bethel stay. And then I will write about how I eventually left the Watch Tower society after Bethel and what it was like to make the transition.

Here are working titles of chapters in the book:

• Spare the rod and spoil the book study
    • Kingdom maladies
    • Wallpapering the Titanic
    • Oral's fair in love and war

--

Do they sound interesting... or just silly?

Can you guess what these chapters (stories) are about?

Brock Talon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit