A Hard Question For Jehovah Witnesses To Answer

by TheNurseInBlack 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheNurseInBlack
    TheNurseInBlack

Which Teachings Did Jesus/God Approve When Considering Jehovah Witnesses?

"Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?"

Watchtower 2009 Feb 15 p.27 How do we know that God and Jesus Christ trust them completly? Around the time when God and Jesus approved of there teachings weren't they completly different from what they are now? So does that mean god approved blood transfusions, celebrating holidays and things like that?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

How do we know that God and Jesus Christ trust them completly?

Standard Jehovah's Witness answer: "because the Governing Body says Jesus trusts them completely. For proof, read WT literature, where it states Jesus trusts the Governing Body completely". Discussion ends with such 'irrefutable' evidence.

• TheNurseInBlack
    TheNurseInBlack

Nah. I wouldn't allow them to get away with an answer like that. I push them when there out my door to answer my questioins correctly and why it doesn't make sense. Probably why they don't like to talk with me

• designs
    designs

Russell and the Bible Students were in defiance of most things listed in the Westminster Confession and Catholic Catechism of the day.

• TheNurseInBlack
    TheNurseInBlack

Sorry. . .Can you say what you mean? Are you saying there was something wrong with my questior or?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can find a bigger pic at jwfacts.com, I think.. Make sure you ask the dubs about the "Organized Book" quote concerning the "Slave." I can't find it right now, but it's a good one. The old light was that we should trust the "Slave" because Jesus appointed them over his belongings. This was the #1 reason for trusting them no matter what. Were there things you did not understand, just trust the "Slave", Jesus does.

That was true for over 100 years or so. Now it's old light. So the #1 reason for trusting the "Slave" aka. Governing Body was not true. See waht they say about that. You will probably be labled as one who is not honest-hearted, or searching for "the truth."

DD

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

"Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?"

This is a statement that Jesus Christ himself about 2000 years ago warned us to watch for:

Luke 21:8

He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

He also COMMANDED us on what to do when confronted with statements like the one you posted above.

So its a choice, obey Jesus Christ or the people who claim to come on the basis of his name saying; "the due time has approached".

The decision each person makes determines their true obedience to Jesus Christ.

Do not go after them

It is a decision which determines if the person is REALLY a "Christian" or not.

After all, a "Christian" is someone who obeys Jesus Christ .......................... right?

abe

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

A JW dismisses their dark history and ever-changing doctrines under the fallacy of "new light". You see, a JW firmly believes that "god's people" cannot handle the truth, so as "make weight", god either directly tells the WT to teach error, or allows it, until god gets around to telling the truth. So, even when their former doctrines have been tossed into the trash bin as so much hooey, and current "truths" are re-worked to the point of being unrecognizable, a JW unquestioningly accepts whatever WT currently serves up as "Biblical truth", despite the fact it has a very short shelf life.

Jesus is said to have chosen the Watchtower Society as his only means of salvation because it was the only organisation providing food at the proper time, and so justly appointed over all Jesus belongings.

"The serving of food, the right sort of food, at the proper time was the issue. It had to be according to this that a decision must be rendered by the returned master... On inspecting the remnant of his anointed disciples in the year 1919 C.E., the reigning King Jesus Christ did find the appointed slave faithful and discreet in the feeding of his domestics. Accordingly, he appointed this slave class over all his belongings." Gods Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached pp.350,355

Is this really what Jesus found in 1919 when he inspected the Watchtower Society? No, he found the following teachings being promoted:

The "Last Days" started in 17993 and the 1800s were the worst time period of all history

That Jesus presence commenced in 1874

That Jesus had begun ruling in 1878

Armageddon had occurred in 1914

That the end was going to come in 1925

That blood was acceptable as food for Christians

That Jesus should be prayed to and worshipped, as well as Jehovah

That the Great Crowd were a heavenly class

That birthdays and Christmas were acceptable celebrations

The cross was on the cover of the Watchtower

Teachings adapted from Freemasons, such as that pyramids and astrology supported 1914

Strong Zionist support for a new nation of Israel in fulfillment of Bible prophecy

That the Faithful and Discreet Slave was not the anointed, but rather Pastor Russell

Furthermore, the most noteworthy doctrine introduced in 1918 - that the earthly resurrection would start in 1925 - was a false and embarrassing failure.

Are these teachings the "right sort of food at the proper time"? By current Watchtower truth the food the Watchtower Society was providing in 1919 was filled with inaccurate prophecy, spiritism, paganism, polytheism, idolatry and political activism. Certainly anyone belonging to such a religion could not be considered one of the anointed. It brings into question if Russell, who had died in 1916, could be in heaven. Did Jesus go about immediately cleansing his organisation in 1919? No! The reality is that virtually no teachings or Babylonish practices were changed between 1914 and 1919. All of the above teachings were still being promoted in 1925.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/15-minute-guide-to-truth.php

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

See if you can determine who the REAL CHRISTIANS are in this video mashup which includes statements from actual Governing Body members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-Rpt-Fspg

After all, a "Christian" is someone who obeys Jesus Christ .......................... right?

abe

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

marked for later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit